We have not found any instances of professional misconduct for this lawyer.
I joined Roberts Law Group as an associate in 2014 and was made a partner in the firm in 2016. Presently, I am the partner in charge of the firm's Wilmington office, where I focus on defending state and federal felony charges all across Eastern NC. Since being employed with Roberts Law Group, I have focused my practice on serious felony cases in both state and federal courts across North Carolina and selectively in other jurisdictions. To date, I have handled criminal cases in 63 of North Carolina's 100 counties, as well as all three of its federal districts. Just a few examples of my recent success include:
(1) Securing the outright dismissal of a charge of First Degree Murder in a self defense shooting in Eastern North Carolina (which received national attention in a feature article in Concealed Carry Magazine);
(2) Apearing as counsel pro hac vice in a federal fraud case in the Southern District of Florida, where I ultimately secured the release of my client from federal prison after his sentence was cut in half;
(3) Clearing a client from a false rape accusation in New Hanover Couny;
(3) Earning a jury verdict of not guilty in a felony drug trafficking case in Wake County Superior Court, ;
(4) Securing the dismissal of a Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon charge in Richmond County Superior Court, and
(5) Avoiding charges for a client in a federal fraud probe.
During my time in law school, I developed a passion for zealously advocacting for the rights of those accused with crimes while serving as an intern at both the Mecklenburg County Public Defender’s Office and the Federal Public Defender for the Eastern District of North Carolina in Raleigh. Immediately following law school, I enhanced my experience and advocacy skills during my time as an associate with a small firm in the mountains of Western North Carolina, where I defended over 200 misdemeanor and felony cases in both District and Superior Court over the course of only 18 months.
I firmly believe that, regardless of whether someone is charged with a minor misdemeanor or a serious felony, each client deserves to be treated with the utmost respect and an unwavering commitment to the protection of their Constitutional rights. Whether it is by avoidance, acquittal, or plea negotiation, I will continue to seek the best possible outcome in each case.