With over three decades of diverse legal experience including civil litigation, negotiation, counseling and consulting, Noble’s passion is offering clients personal and powerful representation on employment law issues. Her primary areas of focus are pregnancy discrimination, caregiver discrimination, gender discrimination, and sexual harassment.
Noble serves as Managing Partner of The Noble Law, a recognized national leader in employment law with offices in New York, Raleigh, and Charlotte. Our goal is providing exceptional employment law representation to individuals by focusing on our core values: collaboration, leadership, empathy, integrity, and innovation. Our success is measured by delivering positive impacts for our clients and serving as a catalyst for changes in employment law and society at large.
Noble developed this conviction from her own legal background and experiences. After graduating from the University of Maryland, she moved to New York City and worked as a prosecutor in one of the largest and most challenging District Attorney’s offices in the county. then worked with a sizable civil litigation firm in Manhattan before moving to a nonprofit in a general counsel and advocacy role.
- American Bar Fellows, Employment Law, 2015
- North Carolina Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section, 2011- present
- North Carolina Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Council, 2012- 2015
- North Carolina Bar Association’s Pro Se Task Force, 2013- present
- National Employment Lawyers Association, 2011-present
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice Chair Employment Law Section, 2014-2015
- Orange County Bar Association, 2011- present
- Pro Bono Attorney, Pittsboro Office of Legal Aid, 2013- present
- Society for Human Resources Management, 2012-preesnt
- Business NC Magazine Recognizes Laura Noble of The Noble Law Firm Among the State’s Legal Elite 2014-2017
- Attorney Laura Noble Named Expert Attorney Workplace Investigator 2014 and 2015
- Laura Noble Appointed to NC Advocates for Justice Order of Service for 2013 and 2014
- Laura Noble Named a 2017 Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney by Super Lawyers
- Laura Noble and Don Davis “Social Media & Employment Law” NC Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Newsletter Section Vol. 32, No. 1, January 2014
- “Federal Assistive Technology Legislation” People With Disabilities, Vol. 11, No. 2, NJ Developmental Disabilities, September 2001
- “The Meaning of a Free Appropriate Public Education for Homeless Children” 23 Stetson Law Review 429, Spring 1994
Presentations / Speaking Engagements:
- Creating a Transformational Culture for Female Leadership in the Law, LitiQuest Plaintiff, September 2022
- North Carolina Bar Association’s COVID-19 Legal Webinar Series, April 2020
- Guest Lecturer at Campbell Law School regarding Title VII, February 2019
- Presented to NC Triangle Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants, October 2015
- Presented to NCSU Dept of Management, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, June 2015
- “The Top Ten Employment Laws Executives Need to Know” Delivered at North Carolina Executive Roundtable, February 2014 and at the Financial Executives Networking Group, October 2013.
- “Doctor Heal Thyself: Employment Practices at a Small Employment Law Firm” Delivered at the Triangle Lunch Talk at Capital Buffet in Raleigh, April 2013.
- “Getting With the Times: Avoiding the Ethical Briar Patch When Conducting E-Discovery.” Delivered at the North Carolina Advocates for Justice Continuing Legal Education Seminar, February 2012.
- “Running Your Law Practice as a Business.” Delivered at the North Carolina Advocates for Justice Small Office Practice Session, May 18, 2011.
- Expert panelist, Morrisville Chamber of Commerce Knowledgeable Network of Women: “Things that go ‘Bump’ at Work – Successfully Dealing with Scary Challenges.” October 19, 2011.
- “The Ethical Use of Your Law Firm’s Web Site.” Delivered at the North Carolina Advocates for Justice Continuing Legal Education Seminar, February 4, 2011.
- “Essential Employment Laws for the Small (and Micro) North Carolina Employer.” Delivered July 27, 2010.
- “Social Media Posts Can Get You Fired” Featured on WRAL, January 2021
- “Proposed Changes to Independent Contractor Classification” Featured on WRAL, October 2020
- “SCOTUS Ruling Protects LGBTQ Employees from Discrimination” Featured on ABC, June 2020
- “SCOTUS Ruling Protects LGBTQ Employees from Discrimination” Featured on CBS, June 2020
- “SCOTUS Ruling Protects LGBTQ Employees from Discrimination” Featured on WRAL, June 2020
- “Implications of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act” Featured on ABC, April 2020
- “Implications of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act” Featured on WRAL, April 2020
Pro Bono / Community Service:
- North Carolina Bar Association’s 4All Statewide Service Day, March 2020