We'll help you find the right solution for your needs
Does this sound like your topic?
5.0 stars 28 totalReview Timothy Leary
Posted by anonymous
I was arrested in part for a crime which I was guilty of, but was charged with offenses far in excess of what actually occurred. Going to jail was very confusing and disorienting, but Tim brought a calming, professional presence to the whole ordeal. He worked magic to get me discharged from jail in less than 24 hours, and again to be released on my own recognizance without posting bail. Thanks to Tim, my felony burglary charges were reduced to malicious mischief and criminal trespassing. I'm certain that I would have had to spend a significant amount of time in jail without his hard work and expertise. Instead, I only had to pay restitution and spend 20 days in a work release program. I never thought I would end up in a situation like this, but ended up making a mistake that could easily have derailed my career. I have Tim to thank for setting the record straight and enabling the best possible outcome. I highly recommend retaining his services for your criminal defense - there is no better lawyer to have on your side.
Posted by anonymous
We hired Tim for a loved one who had made a huge mistake while drinking. I found Tim online and called the cell and he answered. I had never had a lawyer before so did not know what to expect. He immediately went to work for us and helped us avoid bail. After that, he went to bat for our loved one until the case was resolved. It was resolved much better than it could have been and we feel very blessed that we found Tim.
Posted by Rob
I hired Tim to represent me in an assault case. This was the most challenging time of my life as I as was very embarrassed and ashamed I put myself in that position. From the onset Tim made me feel comfortable and convinced me this was not the end of the world, he was always easy to talk with(like a friend) while keeping me up to date with the proceedings. Tim handled the case like the true professional he is, achieving the best possible outcome.
I would not hesitate recommending Tim to anyone caught up in the unfortunate position to need his services.
Posted by Robert
I was wrongly accused of a crime. I sought out Tim through a recommendation and I was not disappointed. Tim was a hard working, fair, and kind person. At the most embarrassing and challenging time of my life Tim was there to help. I have never had a legal dispute before and Tim, most certainly, was quintessential in going through this period of my life. He treated me with kindness and dignity. It was more like having a friend who knows the law than it was hiring an autonomous defender. Tim helped me turn a traumatic experience into a true growth opportunity. You would do well to hire him.
Posted by MICK
I was nervous about my case until I had a consultation done with Mr. Leary. He explained everything thoroughly and explained all the possible outcomes of my case. He made me feel comfortable and again reassured me that his professionalism is top touch. Not only did i not spend any jail time but my initial charges would've been substantially steeper without him representing me. I highly recommend this attorney in any criminal or domestic defense case.
Posted by Patrick
King County charged me with illegally possessing a gun. I was already on probation for a misdemeanor. I needed Tim to work a miracle. I faced jail on both.
Tim reviewed the evidence and laws and figured out the best tactical path forward.
We went to trial and I was found not guilty based on Tim's arguments.
I wish I had hired Tim on my earlier case. Tim was responsive, patient and incredibly effective. Hiring Tim was the best decision that I made. You would be lucky to have Tim represent you.
Posted by anonymous
I hired Timothy Leary (WSBA# 30355) in July 2015 to represent me in a criminal case. This was the WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE, I have regretted it every day since. Sorry this is very long but there is so much wrong with what happened.
Do not consider him for representation, you too will regret it. You have been warned.
Here is why,
- He failed to meet the professional standards of conduct in the following ways:
- He was unresponsive to communications sent both over email and over the phone. We had to schedule meetings with him twice (On October 22, 2015 and another time) to address the concerns with his unresponsiveness and not meeting the commitments he made, as well as the total lack of progress with my case.
- He delayed the scheduling of the trial in the case 10 times despite my desire to progress with the case. Being charged in this case caused me to lose my job and his further delay caused me to not be able to continue with my life.
- He showed up late to almost ALL of the court hearings.
- On October 15, 2015 he showed up so late to the hearing that the court wrote a warrant for my arrest since he was not there to announce us as present.
(Attorneys you pay should HELP you with your situation, not make it worse)
He was unapologetic about these actions.
- There was further unnecessary delay of the case due to his neglect and mistakes: Leary's reason for delaying the scheduling of the trial on October 15th, 2015 was that he wanted to get copies of the electronics seized in this case by the police. At that point he had been representing me for THREE months and should have already completed these requests, especially since he considered this to be critical prior to scheduling the trial of the case.
- He never updated me on the availability of the forensic copies until January 2016. At that time it became clear that he had only requested a copy of one of the devices that was seized when we needed a copy of all of the devices.
The police department was able to provide this copy to Leary but never received a response from him as to when it would be picked up.
- Dishonesty regarding the investigation: The police had obtained traffic video capturing a portion of what happened that would have been helpful to my case, I asked Leary to request the police for those videos to make sure there was a separate request sent to the police by us for any relevant evidence in the case that may have been forgotten. HE CONFIRMED TO ME THAT HE MADE THE REQUEST TO THE POLICE DEPARTMENT but was not able to get any more videos than what had already been provided in the discovery.
I later made a public disclosure request to the police department regarding all of the public disclosure requests made regarding the traffic camera videos or the incident and there was no record of a request from Leary! He blatantly lied about his work on my case........
- In February 2016 after waiting for months, Tim Leary finally agreed to move the case to trial. The trial was scheduled to start in March 2016. As of March 10th I notified him of all of the grievances regarding his performance, and the fact that he still had not interviewed any of the witnesses in the case and we only had 20 days until the trial.
He responded with a summary of my case regarding the facts that he knew when taking it on in July 2015. This letter demonstrated Leary did not perform an investigation or any other work on his part and I was forced to terminate him as my attorney.
- Considering the complete lack of work on his part to investigate or even move the case along I requested him to pay back $14,000 that he received to cover all the work leading to the trial. - - He never responded to me and never provided any payment back.
- After terminating Leary as my attorney he was extremely slow with handing over the entire case file to my new attorney. It took several emails, phone calls and weeks for my new attorney to get all of the records back.
Posted by Robert
He showed extreme skill and patience with me and the prosecutor throughout the process, dealt with the Edmonds Police and even though I told him that I really wanted to go to trial he graciously accepted the flag of surrender from the prosecutor. He tirelessly worked at any hour, forgetting he had a wife or even to eat, he even gave up happy hour to save me from my own complete victory. Deftly handled the police, saving yet again another family holiday from my vicious x wife. If Cool Hand Luke was an attorney his name would be Tim Leary (no relation to the Dr. Leary of LSD fame)
What he did was answer my calls at any hour, worked on vacation, got me through the process and waited on the prosecutor to read the statements and listen to the police. My case was ended in dismissal even though I really wanted to go to trial so I could wear my T Rex Christmas sweater but he explained to me that I can't turn down the prosecutor dismissing the case for evidentiary reasons, which I still don't agree with but I can live with.
Posted by Robbert Warner
I would highly recommend Tim Leary for criminal cases. He is a very knowledgeable and trustworthy representative. He did get the best outcome I could have hoped for. I am grateful and indebted to him for what he did for me.
Posted by KL
I had multiple DV related charges with the potential for additional charges. I interviewed several attorneys before hiring Tim. Tim predicted how the state would approach the charges and developed an appropriate response. The only thing I did was let him make all the decisions. Tim attempted to reach a settlement and we then went to trial. The result was Not Guilty. The other charge was dismissed.