Marsanne Weese is a trial and appellate criminal defense attorney. A former prosecutor, Ms. Weese successfully defends clients in broad spectrum of cases, including assaults, sex crimes, DUIs, robberies, appeals, restraining orders, and expungements.
Ms. Weese is an experienced lawyer who has managed over 600 cases and won 90% of her trials.
In 2009, one of Ms. Weese’s appeals was published as case law. Ms. Weese received certified training in 2005 from the California Highway Patrol in “Driving Under the Influence,” “Standardized Field Sobriety Testing,” and “Drugged Driving.” These courses comply with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- California Appellate Program: Fifth Annual Capital Appellate Conference,
- Sixth District Appellate Program: Spring Appellate Seminar, 2009.
- California Public Defender Association: First Annual Two-Day DUI Defense Practice Institute, 2009.
- California DUI Lawyers Association: “Fast Eddie” Kuwatch All Day DUI Seminar, 2009.
- California DUI Lawyers Association: Partition Ratio—McNeal, 2009.
- Central California Appellate Program: Completion of the Record on Appeal, 2009.
- First District Appellate Project: Reviewing the Record on Appeal, 2009.
- California District Attorneys Association (CDAA), “Advanced Gang Violence Prosecution,” June 5-7, 2000.
- CDAA, “Trial Advocacy Training,” December 13-16, 2004.
- Office of the San Francisco District Attorney (OSFDA), “Opening and Closing Statements,” February 1, 2005.
- OSFDA, “Evidence: In Limine & Immunity,” February 3, 2005.
- OSFDA, “Expert Witnesses,” February 8, 2005.
- OSFDA, “Miranda,” February 9, 2005.
- OSFDA “Motions,” February 10, 2005.
- OSFDA, “CLETS Training,” March 2, 2005.
- OSDA, “Domestic Violence Dynamics & Law,” April 8, 2005.
- CDAA, “Evidence Seminar,” May 11-13, 2005.
- OSFDA, “People’s Appeal,” May 20, 2005.
- OSFDA, “Hot Topics in 4th Amendment Law,” June 3, 2005.
- OSFDA, “Motion Training,” June 11, 2005.
- OSFDA, “Wheeler Gets Federalized,” July 15, 2005.
- CDAA, “DUI Regional Training,” August 25, 2005
- OSFDA, “Opening Statements,” October 1, 2005.
- OSFDA, “Jury Selection,” October 15, 2005.
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Misdemeanor Criminal Conflicts Panel Appointment||Bar Association of San Francisco||2009|
|Appointment||Central California Appellate Program||2009|
|Misdemeanor Criminal Appeals Panel Appointment||Bar Association of San Francisco||2009|
|Appointment||Sixth District Appellate Program||2008|
|Law Offices of Marsanne Weese||2008 - Present|
|Assistant District Attorney||San Francisco District Attorney's Office||2004 - 2008|
|Assistant Investigator||San Francisco District Attorney's Office||1998 - 2004|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|California Public Defenders Association||Member||2009 - Present|
|National College of DUI Defense||Member||2009 - Present|
|The Lawyers' Club of San Francico||Secretary||2009 - Present|
|Bar Association of San Francisco||Member||2008 - Present|
|Queen's Bench Bar Association||Member||2008 - Present|
|San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association||Member||2008 - Present|
|State Bar of California||Member||2004 - Present|
|CA Court of Appeal Published Cases||In re H.C.||2009|
|California Highway Patrol Academy||Certificate of Completion||2005|
|University of San Francisco School of Law||Juris Doctor||2003|
|University of California - Berkeley||Bachelor of Arts||1998|
|San Francisco FOPP||The Political and Legal Ramifications of Prostitution||2008|
|DMV v. G.H.||DMV Suspension Set Aside|
|People v. N.H.||DUI Expungement Granted|
|People v. M.I.||Vehicle Theft: Charges Dropped|
|People v. H.M.||Prostitution Case Dismissed|
|People v. E.S.||Sex Offender Registration Case Dismissed|
|People v. A.M.||Appeal Granted: Judgement Modified|
|People v. NV||Case dismissed.|
|Jane Doe v. Koch||Restraining Order granted & restitution awarded.|
|The People v. G.N.||Case dismissed.|
|The People v. P.M.||Domestic violence expungement granted.|
|MI v. NV||Temporary Restraining Order rescinded.|
|The People v. T.M.||Case dismissed.|
|The People v. S.K.||Lewd condut and prostitution: case dismissed|
|The People v. Y.M.||Case dismissed without leave to amend.|
|Jane Doe v. Shelley||Restraining Order granted; costs awarded|
|San Francisco .10% BAC 1st Offense DUI||DUI DISMISSED & DMV SUSPENSION "SET ASIDE"|
|The People v. S.S.||Case dismissed.|
|The People v. O.F.||Case dismissed.|
|John Doe v. Marshall||Restraining Order granted.|
|The Department of Motor Vehicles v. E.B.||Request granted, thus reinstating E.B.'s license.|
|In re H.C.||Appeal granted.|
|People v. M.C.||Probation terminated one-year early|
|People v. G.R.||Red Light Ticket Dismissed|
|People v. R.T.||Red Light Ticket Dismissed|
Posted by ROB
Wed Apr 02 2014
Posted by Jennifer
Fri Dec 09 2011
Posted by anonymous
Fri Aug 05 2011
Posted by anonymous
Sat Feb 06 2010
Posted by Sue
Tue Oct 20 2009