|New Jersey - NJ||28 years|
|Pennsylvania - PA||28 years|
We have not found any instances of professional misconduct for this lawyer.
Gregory P. (Greg) LaMonaca is the founding member of the firm, which he began in 1994, working from a spare bedroom in the first home he shared with his wife Monica. From that humble beginning, member-by-member, grew a firm comprised today of dedicated attorneys, paralegals and legal assistants utilizing a team-oriented approach to fulfill the firm’s mission. Twenty-seven years on, the firm is one of largest family law firms in the area, committed to that mission of serving the needs of its clients throughout the Main Line, the state of Pennsylvania and beyond.
Mr. LaMonaca is a Cardinal O’Hara High School graduate, after which he continued his studies at West Chester University, achieving dean’s list status and graduating with cum laude honors. From there, he went on to the Widener University School of Law, concentrating his studies in trial advocacy. Mr. LaMonaca is a several-times published author, former martial arts instructor, and recipient of numerous professional awards, including:
- Main Line Today magazine “Top Lawyer” designation fourteen times (often ranked #1), in the fields of divorce and custody, (2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2006 and 2004);
- Suburban Life magazine “Awesome/Top Attorney” designation eleven times (ranked #1) for family law and divorce (2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010);
- LexisNexis/Martindale Hubble AV Preeminent® rating (4.), achieved in 2017 and held since then – AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment and a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence in both legal ability and ethical standards;
- 2021 10 best Attorneys for exceptional and outstanding client service in the American Institute of Family Law Attorney's;
- Daily Times “Best Lawyers” designation in the field of family law in 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015;
- The American Society of Legal Advocates award as one of the “Top 100 Family Law Attorneys in Pennsylvania”;
- Philadelphia magazine designation as a “Super Lawyer” in multiple years, including most recently in 2021;
- ranking score as 10 out of 10 as well as gaining the distinction of Top Rated Lawyer in 2021;
- 2020 Top 10 Family Law Firm in Attorney and Paractice Magazine;
Mr. LaMonaca holds membership in the American Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s family law divisions, along with his membership in many other organizations.
Besides the firm’s experience, dedicated team members, diversity, and passion for helping others, Mr. LaMonaca attributes the growth and success of the firm to his “Brutally Honest” system. The three-phase process of this system, which Mr. LaMonaca co-created with a former custody client, helps individuals assess their past and analyze their present as a way to determine current goals, and as part of creating a plan for accomplishing those goals.
Mr. LaMonaca has worked to share his wisdom and vision with others. In 2009, he co-authored a book called the Brutally Honest Life Management Journal, to empower readers to reconnect with the things that matter most in life. In that first book, he detailed his own story of overcoming a rare, debilitating medical condition. He told of going from being a competitive martial artist and power lifter to becoming almost completely paralyzed in about a month’s time, as a tumor attacked his spine. In the book, he shared a year from his personal journal, candidly describing what it was like and what it took to overcome tremendous adversity against great odds. This book, and the “Brutally Honest” process help reader to design their own compelling future and to overcome what may stand in the way of achieving that compelling future. A follow-up book, the Brutally Honest Pennsylvania Divorce & Custody Survival Guide, was written to help readers who are mired in a divorce or custody dispute to visualize the path to a brighter future. An updated and expanded version of the book, re-titled now as the Brutally Honest Pennsylvania Divorce, Custody & Financial Survival Guide (2019), is available for free download through the firm’s website, at . Mr. LaMonaca added to his publishing credits early in 2019, with the release of his third book, The Brutally Honest Guide to Sur-thriving Generation Now. The book contains vital lessons that may apply to anyone looking to make a significant life change. In it, Mr. LaMonaca has shared real-life examples that have helped him in various aspects of life, ranging from personal relationships, health and career, to personal growth, finances, emotional intelligence and fostering financial literacy in children. The book will help readers put together a plan for themselves and for their families, using principles that have proven to be successful. An agreement to publish another book was reached with the publisher and should be out in 2021.
Mr. LaMonaca enjoys spending time with his wife Monica, who has been his partner for more than 40 years now, and with their two children, Alyssa & Gregory. He enjoys reading, writing, playing bongos, congas, weight lifting and training in the martial arts with a variety of traditional Filipino weapons. His biggest goal is to create a lasting legacy that will long survive him.