Nicholas Charles McGowan
Car accident Attorney at Orlando, FL
also known as Nick McGowan, N.C.C. McGowan
- Bellevue University, BA, 1977, English Literature, Cum Laude
- The University of Massachusetts, BA, 1981, Theater Arts, Suma Cum Laude
- Florida A&M University College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2007, Law, Cum Laude
- Personal Injury Law
- Family Law
- Nick focuses his practice areas on both Personal Injury Law and Family Law.
Before joining his current law firm, Nick spent thirty-three years in the insurance industry, both in Massachusetts and Florida, working for three of the larger insurance companies in the United States, starting first as a Special Investigation investigating fraud cases and finally investigating and overseeing personal injury lawsuits brought against the insurance companies for which he worked and their insureds.
Awards, Honors, And Other Information:
- Florida A&M University College of Law, Law Review, 2004 to 2006; graduated with honors, 2007; Student Bar Association Representative, 2006 to 2007; Dean's List 2004 to 2007; recipient of Florida A&M College of Law's 2007 Percy R. Luney, Jr., "Spirit of Service" Award "For Service and Commitment to the College of Law and the Community."
Honor student and Dean's List Student at both Bellevue University (1975 to 1977) and the University of Massachusetts/Boston (1979 to 1981).
Who's Who in College American, 1980 to 1981.
- Passed the Florida Bar/Admitted to Practice, 2007.
- Second Degree Black Belt, Kempo Karate and Ju Jitsu, awarded 1985.
2017 and 2018 AVVO Top Contributor Award.
- Author of four different fiction novels, written under the name of N.C.C. McGowan, 2009 to 2018 (The Tender Mercies of the Wicked, A Tale Told by an Idiot, We Hanged Our Harps upon the Willows, and Gagoon); all available at - =la_B00QMV29IC_B00QMV29IC_sr/167-4277154-3071416?rh=i%3Abooks&field-author=N.+C.+C.+McGowan&sort=relevance&ie=UTF8&qid=1475673818, and at =nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gagoon.
His one-act play, a comedy, A Ride on a Bus, was produced for a week-long run at the prestigious "Harbor Arts Festival" in Boston, Massachusetts, the Spring of 1981.
- United States Air Force Veteran, 1974 to 1978, Sergeant in U.S. Air Force Intelligence Service/Data Intelligence, stationed at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska. He was also stationed at Quantico Marine Corp. Based, Quantico, VA, for two months of training with the U.S. Marines there (he was one of only nine airmen stationed at the base). Even though he told the Gunnery Sergeant continually that he was not a Marine, the Gunny didn't believe him and treated him like the rest of the jarheads.
- In his personal life, Nick likes to do various volunteer work through his church, likes to play with his two mischievous cats (Miss Bones and Mr. Sox), and likes to watch when he can all of the Boston professional sports teams compete (and, of course, he absolutely loves it when The Boston Red Sox, The Boston Celtics, The Boston Bruins, and The New England Patriots all win many, many championships!). He has also been known to grab a karaoke microphone or two and regale the audience with spot-on impersonations of Louis Armstrong and Elvis Presley. Nick has been married for over thirty years to his lovely wife, Kathy, and has lived in Central Florida since 1989.
- Favorite Foods: Chinese dinner of Egg Fu Young, Egg Rolls, Peking Ravioli, and Fried Rice; Spaghetti with red gravy and meatballs; side dish: Potato Salad; dessert: any type of pie or cake, especially New York-style cheesecake and wedding cake.
Favorite Music: The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Frank Sinatra, Bob Dylan, and Elvis Presley.
- Favorite Films: The Searchers, The Princess Bride, and The Godfather (both I and II).
- Favorite Books (other than his own): Anything by John Steinbeck, Mark Twain, or John Grisham.
Favorite Places: St. Augustine, FL; Rome, Italy; London, England; Munich, Germany; Paris, France; and Dublin, Ireland.
- Places lived: Medway, MA; Boston, MA; Salem, MA; Bellingham, MA; Quantico, VA; San Antonio, TX; Omaha, NE; Cardiff, Wales, UK; Downey, CA; and Orlando, FL.
We have not found any instances of professional misconduct for this lawyer.
We have not found any cost information for this lawyerContact for Details