Kimberly Blackwell (maiden name) was born and raised in Salisbury, North Carolina. She obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and her Law Degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In 2008, she married her husband, Malcolm F. Bishop, III. In 2012, she changed her name to Kimberly D. Bishop.
Kim is a strong advocate for the rights of the disabled and worked in the past for the North Carolina Department of Justice. She is a member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and the National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives. Kim is admitted to practice in the Eastern and Middle Districts of the United States District Court. She is also a NC State Bar Board Ceritified Social Security Disability Law Specialist.
Kim has wanted to be a lawyer since she was nine years old. It was her dream to be able to help people live better lives. She lives this dream every day at the Bishop Law Firm by representing Social Security Disability claimants. She currently lives in Raleigh and enjoys reading, dancing, and playing with her two dogs.
• North Carolina State Bar
• United States District Court – Eastern District of North Carolina
• United States District Court – Middle District of North Carolina
• J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, 2007
• B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2004
• North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Social Security Disability Law Specialist
• North Carolina Advocates for Justice
• National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives
• North Carolina Bar Association
• North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
|Attorney/Owner||The Bishop Law Firm||2013 - Present|
|Attorney||Charles T. Hall Law Firm, PC||2009 - 2013|
|Attoney||Nc Department Of Justice||2008 - 2009|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives||N/A||2009 - Present|
|North Carolina Advocates for Justice||N/A||2009 - Present|
|10th Judicial District Bar Association||N/A||2009 - Present|
|University of North Carolina School of Law||JD - Juris Doctor||2007|
Posted by Earlene
Thu Jul 23 2015