|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Competent Communicator||Toastmasters International||2014|
|Super Lawyer||Washington Super Lawyers||2014|
|Super Lawyer||Washington Super Lawyers||2013|
|Super Lawyer||Washington Super Lawyers||2012|
|Super Lawyer||Washington Super Lawyers||2011|
|Super Lawyer||Washington Super Lawyers||2010|
|Super Lawyer||Washington Super Lawyers||2009|
|Washington Super Lawyer||Washington Law & Politics Magazine||2008|
|Washington Super Lawyer||Washington Law & Politics Magazine||2007|
|Washington Super Lawyer||Washington Law & Politics Magazine||2006|
|Washington Super Lawyer||Washington Law & Politics Magazine||2005|
|Washington Super Lawyer||Washington Law & Politics Magazine||2004|
|Washington Super Lawyer||Washington Law & Politics Magazine||2003|
|Washington Super Lawyer||Washington Law & Politics Magazine||2002|
|Washington Super Lawyer||Washington Law & Politics Magazine||2001|
|AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated||Martindale-Hubbell||1997|
|Member||Ellis, Li & McKinstry PLLC||1990 - Present|
|Associate||Ellis, Li & McKinstry PLLC||1987 - 1990|
|Associate||Preston Thorgrimson Ellis & Holman||1983 - 1987|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Ed Waite Dawn Patrol Toastmasters Club||Member||2013 - Present|
|National Association of College and University Attorneys||Member||2011 - Present|
|Pacific NW Kendo Federation||Director||2008 - Present|
|Seattle Kendo Kai||Secretary, Director||1995 - Present|
|Seattle Ethics and Elections Commission||Chair||1997 - 1998|
|Seattle Ethics and Elections Commission||Vice-Chair||1996 - 1996|
|Seattle Ethics and Elections Commission||Member||1995 - 2000|
|Spencer v. World Vision, Inc.||9th Circuit affirmed the district court's summary judgment in favor of World Vision.|
|State v. Motherwell, 788 P.2d 1066||Affirmed in part and reversed in part. No violation of First Amendment, and statute exempts clergy counseling in their role as clergy.|
|Spencer, et.al v. World Vision, Inc.||Court granted client's motion for summary judgment|
|See all legal cases|
|University of California at Davis School of Law||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1983|
|Seattle Pacific University||N/A||BA - Bachelor of Arts||1980|
|Private Schools Day||Employment Law, Policies and Handbooks||2011|
|Private Schools Seminar||Preparing School Employment Contracts and Handbooks||2007|
|Private Schools Seminar||Resolving Student Harassment and Bullying Claims||2007|
Posted by Jake
I cannot recommend Daniel and his firm highly enough…
Daniel helped me negotiate a buyout agreement and I was extremely happy with his work. Honest, professional, authentic, and extremely knowledgeable. The other reviews on Avvo for Daniel are accurate – He really cares about his clients and it shows in all of his correspondence. He was quick to respond to my questions, and kept me informed of any updates, even when he was out of the office. Always direct and to the point, he didn’t make false promises or tell me only what I wanted to hear. My situation was a tough one, but Daniel made navigating it a much easier process. You will be doing yourself a disservice if you look elsewhere for legal counsel.
Posted by Dan
You are looking at this page because you are in need of legal assistance, and someone has probably referred Dan Ichinaga to you or perhaps you are just checking out lawyers related to your concern. So let me say up front, what you are expecting to find. Without hesitation, Dan Ichinaga has my strongest personal recommendation for whatever legal assistance or advice you may be looking for!
The following is a snapshot of what you will find when retain him:
• He is the consummate professional: If you call him, he is going to call you back. If you email him he is going to email you back. If he is unavailable, he is going to tell you and provide you a better time to contact him. His follow-up is unmatched!
• He is knowledgeable: I found his legal advice and strategies to be comprehensively thought out and accurate.
• He cares about you: Of the three attributes, this one carries my highest possible approval rating. The best description would be to use a medical analogy, “He has superb bed side manners”. Put another way, his caring attitude is woven into his professionalism. Each and every time I called him, he listened…patiently, and did everything in his power to put the pieces together to come up with the strongest legal advice and direction possible. Most importantly however, he always came across as if I were his most important client at the time.
• Why I think my review matters: I had two occasions to retain Mr. Ichinaga, both were employment issues. The first related to my son who lived out of state but had an issue that started in Washington and ended in North Carolina. Having met me briefly, only once, and never meeting my son, Mr. Ichinaga reached out to him, and worked long-distance by phone/email to give him the legal advice he was not getting in North Carolina. As a result of his legal advice, my son worked through several complex scenarios related to a fair resignation that I know would not have occurred without Mr. Ichinaga’s assistance. As an epilog to my son’s story, fast forward about 4 years to summer of 2015. My son happened to be in the Seattle area, and Dan Ichinaga found out about the visit and insisted on meeting the client he worked for…,to simply say: “Nice to meet you…, and glad things worked out”. Once again his sincerity moved me.
• In my case, I had a grievance lodged against me that he helped me work through. Once again, because of his caring and spot on legal advice, I obtained the best outcome that was possible in my particular case. When I was up against a deadline to turn in an appeal statement to my employer, in the evening after office hours, he called me up to make sure I was proceeding in the right direction. He was under no obligation to do so, but he did anyway, which hearkens back to my third point, he cares! Neither of the cases mentioned had any large financial gains for Mr. Ichinaga, but from my point of view, I was treated as if I were a client with the means to cover any legal outcome no matter how drawn out.
In summary, I am convinced that you will not find a finer lawyer with higher principles than Dan Ichinaga
Posted by Mark
I had an employment issue and was referred to Mr. Ichinaga through a friend. I was told he was one of the best at what he did. After doing some research of my own, it was obvious that Mr. Ichinaga's credentials matched the outstanding recommendation. A brief consultation affirmed my belief that Mr. Ichinaga was the right person for my dispute. Little did I know at the time, it was the BEST decision I could have possibly made (saving me time, stress and hassle in the end).
From the very start, Mr. Ichinaga was very thorough and upfront about the process. I informed Mr. Ichinaga that I wanted a quick resolution, but at the same time was concerned about losing my job. Mr. Ichinaga understood and did everything in his power to expedite the process. When new information was received, Mr. Ichinaga carefully examined and explained any potential repercussions. His knowledge of the law and attention to detail put me at ease. Not only did Mr. Ichinaga achieve the the desired result, he obtained a lot more than I ever expected.
For someone who works in the legal profession, I was very impressed with Mr. Ichinaga's utmost professionalism and advanced understanding of the law. It can be difficult finding an attorney you can trust with your career and livelihood. Mr. Ichinaga was able to foster that trust by thoroughly explaining the minute details of my dispute, and providing all the information necessary to allow me to guide him in the right direction as my counselor.
Mr. Ichinaga is a first-class professional. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for the best at what they do.
Jan Olson, Sex crime Attorney
I endorse Daniel. He is a 'lawyer's lawyer'. He is meticulous. He is thoughtful. He is reasonable. He wants the absolute best for his clients. He treats every case & every issue with the same degree of importance. He thinks 'outside of the box' to come up with creative solutions to problems. He is collaborative as much as possible, but can be a very strong and skilled advocate when the situation demands so. Business owners and educational institutions can not obtain a more professional attorney.
Kyle Netterfield, Litigation Attorney
Relationship: Fellow lawyer in community
Daniel’s abilities as an exceptional lawyer come from a unique combination of intellect, experience judgment and diligence. But the thing that really sets Daniel apart is his concern for his clients’ success. He sweats the details and stays up late so you don’t have to.