We have not found any instances of professional misconduct for this lawyer.
12 years, 750 cases
Mr. Richards is a Certified Legal Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law by the State Bar of California, California Board of Legal Specialization.
As an Applicant’s Attorney and later a defense attorney, Mr. Richards has appeared before just about every Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board of Southern California on matters such as liens, AOE/COE, priority conferences, threshold issues, expedited trials on issues of medical treatment and temporary disability, mandatory settlement conferences, and trials of cases-in-chief.
In May 2014, Mr. Richards entered solo practice in Santa Ana, again exclusively representing Applicants in Workers’ Compensation claims, from the filing of the Applications for Adjudication to resolution.
Mr. Richards now spends approximately 90% of his practice time as an Applicant's Attorney in the California Workers’ Compensation system with regular frequency. The other 10% is split between labor & employment law, wages & hours, personal injury tort law, and disability law.
Mr. Richards is a member of the California Applicants' Attorneys Association, Orange County Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Section and a member of the California Lawyers Association Workers’ Compensation Section. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, membership in which is limited to Trial Lawyers who have demonstrated exceptional skill, experience and excellence in Advocacy by achieving a trial verdict, award or settlement in the amount of One Million Dollars or more.
NOTICE: Any person who makes or causes to be made any knowingly false or fraudulent material representation for the purpose of obtaining or denying workers' compensation benefits or payments is guilty of a felony. Making a false or fraudulent workers' compensation claim is a felony subject to up to 5 years in prison or a fine of up to $50,000 or double the value of the fraud, whichever is greater, or by both imprisonment and fine.