Thomas Esparza, Jr., Attorney at Law, A Professional Corporation
Board Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law
La Madrid Building , 1811 So. 1st., Austin, Texas 78704
512-441-0062 / 512-441-0725
• McAllen High School-1970.
• Texas A & M University-1974, Worked part time
• University of Texas, School of Law-1977. Edited the Law school paper, Worked part time
LEGAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Licensed to practice November, 1977.
• Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association since 1980
• Board Certified Specialist - Immigration and Nationality Law, October 1985 to present
• Waco-McLennan County Legal Aid-1977-1978.
• Private Practice in Austin, Texas, 1978-present.
• Capital Area Mexican-American Lawyers, President, 1988-1989.
• State Bar Committee-Laws Relating to Immigration, 1985-1988 & 1998 to 2001.
• Member, State Bar College-1997 to present.
• Member, University of Texas Immigration and Nationality Law Conference Planning Committee, 1996 to 2010.
• Chairperson, Texas Oklahoma & New Mexico chapter of the American Immigration Lawyer’s Association, 2005-2005
Chairman - Austin Commission on Immigrant Affairs 2008 to present.
Executive Committee - Immigrant Services Network of Austin 2008 to present.
• Justice of the Peace, Precinct Four, Travis County, Texas 1981-1982.
LEGAL & CIVIC CONTRIBUTIONS
• Becker Community School Advisory Council, 1982-Present.
• Austin Community Education Volunteer of the Year 1995.
• Center for Battered Women, Founding Member, Board Member 1988.
• Austin Mardi Gras, President, 1982, Founding Member 1981.
• Austin Police Department-Task Force on Crimes Against Foreign Nationals.
• "Citizenship, the 100 Questions" video for Political Asylum Project and ACTV.
• Travis County Bar Association Conference; Immigrant Crimes and Criminal Law, 1999.
• Host "Ask an Attorney" and "Dialogue" Sponsored by Travis County Television
• Manager Oak Hill Youth Sports Association 12U Bronco Girls All Stars
• Family Based Immigration and Criminal Activity 2011 prepared for the State Bar of Texas Advanced Criminal Law Seminar
• Immigration Law and Crimes, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 & 2002 for the Advanced Criminal Defense Lawyer Conference
• Nueva Vida Con Inglés, Co-written with his mother, Esther La Madrid Esparza, this book teaches English as a Second Languages, ©1987, 1990, 1992 and 1997.
• El Camino: A Guide to Amnesty or Legalization Benefits (English and Spanish)©1986.
• Humpty Dumpty & Friends in the Southwest, A bilingual three book series with cassettes.
• Rocking Horse Rhymes, A two book bilingual series with matching cassettes.
• Esther’s Playhouse, Interactive preschool learning software.
• Citizenship, The 100 Questions, Book & Cassette, bilingual citizenship self study guide ©1998, 2002. 2010, and 2011
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Languages spoken: Spanish, English
Cash, Check, Credit card
Are you an attorney? Endorse this lawyer
An extremely talented and well respected attorney in the legal community, I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone looking for a lawyer who knows the law and truly cares about protecting the rights of his clients and getting them the most favorable result possible.
John O'Brien Personal injury Attorney
Relationship: Fellow lawyer in community
|TX||Eligible To Practice In Texas||1977||09/22/2016|
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Volunteer of the Year||Austin Community Education Program||1995|
|President-Lead Counsel||Thomas Esparza, Jr. A Professional Corporation||1977 - Present|
|Justice of the Peace||Travis County, Texas||1981 - 1982|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Immigrant Services Network of Austin||Executive Committee, web site host, translator, graphics support||2008 - Present|
|American Immigration Lawyers Association||Member,Past Chairman Texas Chapter||1980 - Present|
|State Bar of Texas||Member||1977 - Present|
|Oak Hill Youth Sports Association||Manager-Bronco Girls softball-Falcons||2010 - 2012|
|South Austin Optimist Little League||Board Member, Safety Officer, Manager||2001 - 2009|
|Becker Community School Advisory Council||President||1981 - 1999|
|Cancellation of Removal victorhy||approved-client now a permanent resident|
|Rwandan Refugee||Successfully obtained withholding of removal|
|Citizenship for a Dead Man-Green Card for his spouse||Green card granted|
|See all legal cases|
|Citizenship, the 100 Question 4th Edition||Citizenship, the 100 Question 4th Edition||2011|
|Star Light Press||Citizenship, the 100 Questions, 4th Edition||2010|
|Humpty Dumpty & Friends in the Southwest||three book childrens poetry books||1992|
|Citizenship-The 100 Questions||Citizenship Study Guide||1990|
|University of Texas School of Law||N/A||N/A||1977|
|Texas A & M University||Education/History||Bachelors||1974|
|331 District Court-Travis County Courthouse||Immigration Law for the Travis County District Attorney Office||2012|
|Advanced Criminal Law Seminar||Family Immigration & Texas Criminal Law||2011|
|American Immigration Lawyer's Assn Fall Conference||State Immigration Legislation in TX, Ok, & NM||2009|