Thomas Esparza Jr. Board Certified in Immigration & Nationality Law-1985. Serving Texas since 1977I am open through my remote online presence, by phone and by ZOOM for all your Immigration and citizenship needs! Call now!!!
Thomas Esparza, Jr., Attorney at Law, A Professional Corporation
Board Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law
La Madrid Building , 1811 So. 1st., Austin, Texas 78704
512-441-0062 / 512-441-0725
• McAllen High School-1970.
• Texas A & M University-1974, Worked part time
• University of Texas, School of Law-1977. Edited the Law school paper, Worked part time
LEGAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Licensed to practice November, 1977.
• Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association since 1980
• Board Certified Specialist - Immigration and Nationality Law, October 1985 to present
• Waco-McLennan County Legal Aid-1977-1978.
• Private Practice in Austin, Texas, 1978-present.
• Capital Area Mexican-American Lawyers, President, 1988-1989.
• State Bar Committee-Laws Relating to Immigration, 1985-1988 & 1998 to 2001.
• Member, State Bar College-1997 to present.
• Member, University of Texas Immigration and Nationality Law Conference Planning Committee, 1996 to 2010.
• Chairperson, Texas Oklahoma & New Mexico chapter of the American Immigration Lawyer’s Association, 2005-2005
Chairman - Austin Commission on Immigrant Affairs 2008 to present.
Executive Committee - Immigrant Services Network of Austin 2008 to present.
• Justice of the Peace, Precinct Four, Travis County, Texas 1981-1982.
LEGAL & CIVIC CONTRIBUTIONS
• Becker Community School Advisory Council, 1982-Present.
• Austin Community Education Volunteer of the Year 1995.
• Center for Battered Women, Founding Member, Board Member 1988.
• Austin Mardi Gras, President, 1982, Founding Member 1981.
• Austin Police Department-Task Force on Crimes Against Foreign Nationals.
• "Citizenship, the 100 Questions" video for Political Asylum Project and ACTV.
• Travis County Bar Association Conference; Immigrant Crimes and Criminal Law, 1999.
• Host "Ask an Attorney" and "Dialogue" Sponsored by Travis County Television
• Manager Oak Hill Youth Sports Association 12U Bronco Girls All Stars
• Family Based Immigration and Criminal Activity 2011 prepared for the State Bar of Texas Advanced Criminal Law Seminar
• Immigration Law and Crimes, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 & 2002 for the Advanced Criminal Defense Lawyer Conference
• Nueva Vida Con Inglés, Co-written with his mother, Esther La Madrid Esparza, this book teaches English as a Second Languages, ©1987, 1990, 1992 and 1997.
• El Camino: A Guide to Amnesty or Legalization Benefits (English and Spanish)©1986.
• Humpty Dumpty & Friends in the Southwest, A bilingual three book series with cassettes.
• Rocking Horse Rhymes, A two book bilingual series with matching cassettes.
• Esther’s Playhouse, Interactive preschool learning software.
• Citizenship, The 100 Questions, Book & Cassette, bilingual citizenship self study guide ©1998, 2002. 2010, and 2011
45 years, 15,000 cases
|TX||Eligible to Practice in Texas||1977||10/23/2022|
|Award name||Grantor||Date Granted|
|Volunteer of the Year||Austin Community Education Program||1995|
|President-Lead Counsel||Thomas Esparza, Jr. A Professional Corporation||1977 - Present|
|Justice of the Peace||Travis County, Texas||1981 - 1982|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Immigrant Services Network of Austin||Executive Committee, web site host, translator, graphics support||2008 - Present|
|American Immigration Lawyers Association||Member,Past Chairman Texas Chapter||1980 - Present|
|State Bar of Texas||Member||1977 - Present|
|Oak Hill Youth Sports Association||Manager-Bronco Girls softball-Falcons||2010 - 2012|
|South Austin Optimist Little League||Board Member, Safety Officer, Manager||2001 - 2009|
|Becker Community School Advisory Council||President||1981 - 1999|
|Citizenship, the 100 Question 4th Edition||Citizenship, the 100 Question 4th Edition||2011|
|Star Light Press||Citizenship, the 100 Questions, 4th Edition||2010|
|Humpty Dumpty & Friends in the Southwest||three book childrens poetry books||1992|
|Citizenship-The 100 Questions||Citizenship Study Guide||1990|
|University of Texas School of Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1977|
|Texas A & M University||Bachelors||1974|
|331 District Court-Travis County Courthouse||Immigration Law for the Travis County District Attorney Office||2012|
|Advanced Criminal Law Seminar||Family Immigration & Texas Criminal Law||2011|
|American Immigration Lawyer's Assn Fall Conference||State Immigration Legislation in TX, Ok, & NM||2009|
|Cancellation of Removal victorhy||approved-client now a permanent resident|
|Rwandan Refugee||Successfully obtained withholding of removal|
|Citizenship for a Dead Man-Green Card for his spouse||Green card granted|
Posted by Lina Marin
June 20, 2013
Posted by E B
July 6, 2011
Posted by anonymous
January 29, 2019
Posted by Kathy
April 21, 2011
Posted by anonymous
March 25, 2013