THE TOP 5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED OF FORECLOSURE IN TAMPA BAY, FLORIDA.
1. You only have 20 calendar days to respond to a foreclosure lawsuit. If you do not respond within 20 calendar days of being served, you risk losing your case by default.
2. If you have been served with a foreclosure lawsuit, do not call the bank. Call a foreclosure defense lawyer.
3. Your written response to the lawsuit must raise legally sound defenses to the foreclosure or you can waive your defenses. Do not simply write a letter explaining your hardship.
4. There are defenses available to you besides payment. Banks are required to provide you with certain notices prior to suing you and the bank must prove it has the rights to the Note. There are also certain certifications that must be in compliance with the law. There are other defenses available as well. Just like any other lawsuit, the bank must prove its case. A good foreclosure defense lawyer will make the bank prove its case.
5. If you have been served with foreclosure papers you need to focus on the Court case. Do not call the bank and if you have already done so, do not listen to what they tell you. Remember – the bank is suing you. The bank is not your friend. Keep your focus on the litigation, which is what is taking place in Court. This is how you fight the bank and keep you and your family in your home. The folks at the bank do not understand litigation and are not lawyers.
For more information read our FAQ by clicking here.
Call for FREE Advice. Call Torrens Law Group at (813) 260-4883. Serving all of Tampa Bay, Florida.
Our law firm is dedicated to protecting the legal rights of the consumers of the Tampa Bay area. We represent homeowners against lender foreclosure actions and represent debtors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases. We also zealously represent consumers against abusive debt collectors, and will initiate actions against creditors for violations of both federal and state consumer protection laws.
There are many different factors to be considered when deciding how to properly defend against a foreclosure or whether seeking bankruptcy relief is the appropriate solution, making a thorough consultation with a knowledgeable consumer attorney all the more important. Here at Torrens Law Group, P.A., you will receive a thorough consultation with a consumer attorney who will advise you of your legal options and recommend a path forward.
Going through foreclosure or filing for bankruptcy can be a very stressful experience for many consumers, but at our firm an attorney will guide you through the process and will be there to address any questions or concerns you may have. With each case comes a different set of facts and we give each case the focused attention it deserves. At our firm, you will receive quality legal representation with a personal touch.
At our firm, we are able to offer payment plans for almost all of our cases. If you are in need of strong foreclosure defense or are struggling with your debts and considering seeking bankruptcy relief, please reach out to our firm at 813-260-4883. Help is only a phone call away. Tell us about your legal issue, and a lawyer will contact you right away.
|FL||Member in Good Standing||2011||04/19/2020|
|Partner||Torrens Law Group, P.A.||2012 - Present|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Florida Bar||N/A||2011 - Present|
|George Washington University National Law Center||JD - Juris Doctor||2010|
|University of Tampa||BA - Bachelor of Arts||2007|
|Foreclosure Wars||Foreclosure Defense||2015|
Posted by Robert
Sat Nov 09 2019
Posted by Cathleen
Tue Oct 01 2019
Posted by Cheryl Schmid
Mon Aug 26 2019
Posted by Alisa Williams
Fri Aug 16 2019
Posted by David
Sun May 12 2019
Posted by Barbara Lepore
Sun Feb 24 2019
Posted by Faye
Thu Jan 24 2019
Posted by Ryan Kaloyandies, Brittany Sancrante
Thu Oct 18 2018
Posted by anonymous
Wed Feb 08 2017
Posted by anonymous
Fri Oct 28 2016