|Delaware - DE||20 years|
|New Jersey - NJ||23 years|
|Pennsylvania - PA||23 years|
We have not found any instances of professional misconduct for this lawyer.
23 years, 1,232 cases
As the son of a union carpenter and a nurse, I learned to appreciate the value of hard work at a very young age. Entering the world of employment at 14, I noticed how delicate the balance of power within the workplace can be, and how frequently injustices can arise. It was for these very reasons that I made the decision to dedicate my talents to fighting for the inherent constitutional rights of individuals and small businesses. Having worked myself up from fast food worker to a respected attorney and owner of my own firm, I am motivated and dedicated to standing up for the rights of others in the workplace and maintaining justice in the field of employment law. This unique blend of experience, education, and passion allow me to be the very best defender of employee rights.
After earning my bachelor's degree in criminal justice, I quickly took on a position as a law clerk. Two years of work in this field provided me with even more insight into the nuances of the legal sector, and in 2000, I was admitted to practice law in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Today, I am a practicing attorney in Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit sitting in Philadelphia, and the U.S. Supreme Court. Over the course of more than 15 years, I has seen and worked on hundreds of Plaintiff's Employment Law cases. As a result, I amj well versed in the minutia necessary to fight for my clients' best interests and ensure that justice is served. I am constantly aware of the specific steps that must be taken - and when - in order to arrive at the best possible outcome. I believe and remain dedicated to establishing strong client relationships and maintaining open lines of communication which make it possible for me to make superior arguments for each individual case and client.
Areas of Expertise
Because virtually 100% of my practice is devoted to Employment Law, I understands how difficult it can be to feel like your employer always has the upper hand.
I represents clients in a variety of employment situations including the following:
• Severance Agreement Review, Separation Package Review, and Other Employment Law Counseling;
• Employment Contract Negotiation;
• Breach of Employment Contract including Confidentiality Agreements and Non-Compete Agreements (a/k/a Restrictive Covenants);
• Non-renewal of Employment Contract;
• Wrongful Termination of Employment;
• Retaliation, Reprisal, or Whistleblower Litigation including OSHA, DWPA, and CEPA;
• Layoff, Downsizing, or Reduction in Force ("RIF") including the WARN Act;
• Denial of Promotion, Denial of Hiring Job Applicant, Denial of Transfer, and Other Selection Cases;
• Demotion and Involuntary Transfer;
• Suspension, Administrative Leave, and Unpaid Leave;
• Performance Improvement Plan ("PIP") and Other Disciplinary Action;
• Constructive Discharge (a/k/a Forced Resignation or Forced Retirement);
• ADEA and Age Discrimination Law;
• Sex Discrimination, Pregnancy Discrimination, and Other Title VII Cases;
• Constitutional Law which protects Public Employees in Free Speech, Due Process, and Equal Protection cases; and
• Civil Rights in Employment including Section 1981 (race discrimination in contracts) and Section 1983 (governmental discrimination) cases.
In addition, I am proficient in areas related to Sexual Harassment and Hostile Work Environment; Sexual Orientation Discrimination; ADA and Disability Discrimination; Family and Medical Leave Act ("FMLA"); Race Discrimination, Color Discrimination, and Ethnic Discrimination (a/k/a National Origin Discrimination); Religious Discrimination; Marital Status Discrimination; Genetic Information Discrimination; Reverse Discrimination; and other matters resolved through Employment Litigation and/or Employment Mediation.
Because of my knowledge and extensive experience in representing employees at even the highest rungs of the corporate ladder, I am able to advocate for a wide range of clients. From the mature executive in the boardroom to the young newcomer who just started in the mailroom, anyone, regardless of their tenure or seniority within an organization, may find themselves in a position where employment counseling or advocacy is needed.
My combined experience has resulted in a comprehensive view of the corporate world which in turn provided me with a dedicated understanding of how to maximize benefits, preserve rights and push for social justice for each client I represent. I always strive to put a human face on legal arguments, providing each client with highly professional, yet empathetic and personalized services. Ultimately, my goal is to make the legal process as smooth and seamless as possible for his clients.
Through honesty, hard work, and a fire for upholding the law, I fight for the interests of those in need. By shouldering this burden on behalf of my clients, I am able to provide them with a voice, sound advice, and personal empowerment in a way that minimizes their stress levels during the course of their employment litigation.
More About John LaRosa
In addition to practicing law, I enjoy staying active with my family at the gym and by competing on the tennis court. I also keep up with the world of professional sports and support Philadelphia's teams including the Phillies, the Eagles, the 76ers, and the Flyers. In my free time, I make sure to stay relaxed by visiting the local Delaware beaches and the Jersey shore with my wife and our daughter.