I am a native of the Rocky Mountains, having grown up in Evergreen, Colorado. Since settling in New York, I have developed a broad and sophisticated client base. I concentrate my practice in the areas of estate planning, trust and estate administration, and estate and gift taxation.
It is important to me to consider each of my client’s values and background as I help them decide which type of estate plan will best fit their needs. I use a practical approach to my practice.
Offering the assurance of complete confidentiality and responsive service, I try to put each client’s mind to rest on all matters relating to trusts and estates law, as we work together to create a comprehensive, strategic and highly-personalized plan that addresses their goals and wishes.
Knowing that it is not always easy to come to an attorney’s office, I am available for home, office, and hospital visits.
I can assist you with:
- Wills and Trusts: Whether you have a large estate or relatively few assets, someone will have to address the distribution of those assets in the future. That process is never simple, but without proper planning—which includes taxes, family issues, beneficiary designations, and more—it can turn into a complicated web of problems for your heirs.
- Powers of Attorney: This is what I refer to as the "golden estate planning document". Each person over the age of 18 should have a property drafted Power of Attorney in place.
- End-of-life decision making: I often assist my clients in navigating their end-of-life choices. When possible, many individuals want some sort of control over their final moments. I can help ease your mind and simplify your options for you.
- Probate and Estate Administration: I will carefully guide you through the probate process, and can help you with gift and other tax returns, the transfers and funding of testamentary dispositions, and any probate litigation you might face.
- Estate Litigation: I represent clients in will contests, sometimes in support of a propounded will and on other occasions to object to a will. I also participate in proceedings to: construe and reform wills, in contested accounting proceedings and in tax proceedings, to determine spousal rights, and to analyze the validity of prenuptial and antenuptial agreements, as well as fiduciary litigation to challenge the actions of an executor or trustee in managing the financial affairs of the estate or trust.
- Digital Assets: I help my clients decide how to manage and dispose of their digital assets. Examples may include: online photo storage, social media sites, business records, and other online or digitally stored content.
- Concierge Legal Services: I frequently assist clients who do not have family members or friends they can comfortably rely on to assist them. For those clients, additional legal assistance may be required, such as more focused legal services and life management assistance. In certain circumstances, I act as trustee and/or executor for my clients, as well as agent under a power of attorney or health care proxy.
If you would like assistance with your personal affairs, please call me directly at, or email me at