Joseph H. Nivin has been named a top-rated family law attorney in New York every year since 2015. The Law Offices of Joseph H. Nivin, P.C. is a general practice law firm with a focus on family law. He and his team have years of experience with ACS, Family Court, and Supreme Court. Mr. Nivin represents families in court, litigation, hearings and appeals. He has argued successfully before the Appellate Division for the Second Judicial Department. At the Law Offices of Joseph H. Nivin, you will receive expert legal advice and compassion that will reduce time, legal expenses and the emotional toll of a family law case. Mr. Nivin will work hard to protect your rights and those of your children.
- Rising Star in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 by Super Lawyers, an award that is given only to 2.5% of attorneys annually in New York State.
- 10 Best in Client Satisfaction in 2015 by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
- Top 40 Under 40 in 2016 by The National Advocates
- Rated as “Superb” by Avvo.
- In 2015, Mr. Nivin wrote two chapters in Onward and Upward: Guide for Getting Through New York Divorce & Family Law Issues.
- Admitted to practice in New York and Connecticut and before the U. S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- J. D., Brooklyn Law School. President-Unemployment Action Center
- B. A., University of Pennsylvania
- Member Queens County Bar Assoc., serving on Juvenile Justice Committee and Family Law Committee
- Former Member Assigned Counsel / Attorneys for Children
- Member, Board of Directors for Brandeis Association of Queens County
- Member, New York State Bar Association, serving on the Committee on Families and the Law
Call now for a FREE thirty-minute consultation!
Mr. Nivin is a family law attorney available to represent clients in Queens Family Court, Brooklyn Family Court, Manhattan Family Court, Nassau Family Court, and Westchester Family Court. He is available to represent clients in divorces in Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Nassau, and Westchester.
All consultations are by appointment only.