Based on 7 reviews
Lawyers: Use the Peer Endorsements section to provide input about other attorneys.
Posted by Mr. Anderson, a Divorce client, Flag
Divorces are always difficult, with a lot of emotions involved and tensions. I have to say, my divorce was not easy but it was managable. Alia helped me understand the legal lingo and the process, and she handled the aggressiveness of the opposing lawyer with intelligence and professionalism. That was already a great help, and that was what I expected. Alia and her office understood my needs and were there when I needed them. Alia and her team also helped me with resolve a satisfaction of Judgement. She managed the entire process with ease and we got it resolved within a month for a very reasonable fee. Thank you!
Posted by a Divorce client, Flag
Highly un-recommended. Stay away for this office. I used her service based on her international background, but all I got was totally a very un-professional service, bad work, and weak representation.
While almost all attorneys do the same thing, work on motions and give you recommendations, but I have seen things from Alia’s office that I expect no one else could see at any other attorney’s office,
- I was surprised when she told me she will send another attorney at the hearing day to represent me. Although I worked with her, reviewed all motion document with her, and had my communication with her, and have signed all the pa, I finally got someone else to represent me on the most important day of my case, the hearing day.
- She literally told me my ex will NOT get what she’s asking for. However, my ex was awarded way more than what she asked for at the hearing day because of the weak argument from the replacement attorney.
- Alia’s office had done many mistakes on my Invoice statements, charging me more than what they supposed to get, and also, they sent me invoices on payments that I have already made.
- During my the time when I was represented with Alia, all she did is forwarding my ex-attorney emails, and replying back to him with my emails, in addition to some document reviews. I did neither sense any strong representation, nor did she fight for my case. Instead she was always recommending me to do what my ex and her attorney asking for . I felt sometimes that I’m fighting three parties, my ex, my ex-attorney, and Alia, who supposed to stand by my side.
- I could not feel a strong representation, she was totally not initiative. I lost the case, the money and only got awarded to see my child twice a month even with no-money left to spend when I see my child.
- Have done many mistakes, faults one after another. For example, one time they sent the wrong proposed parenting plan to court (a draft that I asked to change). Another time, they forgot to send a confirmation to hearing date to the court!!
Working with this office worsen the whole situation for me. Now that I have been damaged a lot, I do not wish anyone else to see or face any of what I have seen. For that, writing this review and recommending people to stay away.
Posted by Scott, a Divorce client, Flag
Alia Ahmed is the main lawyer in my divorce proceedings. I am a male currently going through a complicated divorce involving mental illness, domestic violence with children involved, and a hostile opposing party. Through it all, Alia has been a rock, always reassuring and confident, and yet sensitive to the realities of my situation.
Alia is extremely knowledgeable and has successfully anticipated opposing attorney moves and how the judge might view them. She has reliably guided me through the process of responding to attacks and getting the right protections in place for me and my children. She has helped a great deal in all aspects of this sad business.
Alia has always been very responsive, much more responsive than I imagined would be the case. In fact she and her team are the most responsive of any of my commercial and professional relationships. She is responsive not just to me, but to all people involved in this case (and contrasts very strongly with the opposing attorney). When I want something, she always gets right on it. She is very personable and easy to talk to, and very patient in explaining all the legalese and complicated processes. She also keeps me informed to all that is happening in the case, which has keep my stress level down. And no matter how stressful things have become, I always feel better after meeting with her.
In terms of Trust, I feel this is Alia's strongest asset. Over the time she was worked on this case, I have come to trust her feel for how the case would go in all situations, trust her advice on what actions to take (and not take), and trust her commitment to my case. While this process is the most ugly thing currently in my life, I have the most confidence that things will go well with Alia on my side - even more confidence than I have in the conference with my child's teachers that I have in a few hours!
In terms of results, so far I have won everything that matters to me (custodial authority for the kids, authority to sell the house, denial of opposing party's motions which would have been damaging or compromising, no spousal support) and a little more (child support). Alia has given me clear expectations for the road ahead, including potential costs of going to trial, what to do about the financial situation (another complicated factor), and what to expect during the process of working out the parenting plan (again, more complicated than the average case).
I can't recommend Alia Ahmed highly enough.
Posted by Shawn, a Family client, Flag
Alia helped me to establish parentage, and helped me with the child support order and parenting plan. She was very professional and prepared, and made sure I understood all of the legal aspects of the case. She is also extremely effective in court. I am very pleased with her services and her commitment to my case. The final results exceeded all expectations that I had when I hired her. She was also very considerate to the other party, which I greatly appreciated.
Posted by Darrell, a Child Custody client, Flag
Yesterday was the close (of this chapter) of a long dispute with my x-wife regarding custody of our 11 year old child. This email is to let you know how wonderful Alia and your firm have been to work with these past few years and to thank you all for your hard work. Regardless of our success, Alia has been an amazing attorney who has demonstrated maturity far beyond her years. She is knowledgeable, patient and able to help remove the emotions and focus on the issues at hand. Alia is our 3rd attorney in the past 6 years. She has been able to handle the opposing councils bulldog tactics with poise and professionalism. I will highly recommend Alia and your firm to anyone in need. We will miss Alia, not having weekly (daily) contact with her will feel like weâ€™ve lost a member of our family!
We wish you and Alia all the best!
Darrell, Valerie and Hunter
Posted by a Family client, Flag
I recommend Ms. Ahmed whole-heartedly and without reservation. She is one of the most professional attorneys you will ever encounter. She is kind and caring, but will also stand up and fight for you and your rights. She is a diligent advocate for her clients and works hard to achieve great results. If you are looking for exceptional representation, look no further, I recommend her to others and will continue to do so.
Posted by Robyn, a Divorce client, Flag
Alia was more than a lawyer for me, she guided me through a difficult divorce with confidence and expertise. I am very satisfied with the outcome and I know that no lawyer could have done a better job dealing with my case. I highly recommend her and if needed, I wouldn't hesitate to work with her again.