Based on 7 reviews
Help make it easier for other Avvo users to choose the right lawyer by sharing your experience with this attorney. It's fast, simple, and safe.
Lawyers: Use the Peer Endorsements section to provide input about other attorneys.
Have worked with Anne who has helped me greatly in several appeals in my civil cases. Anne is very knowledgeable and always responsive. Anne has a wealth of experience gained from her work as a Colorado Court of Appeals staff attorney and from her private law practice and is uniquely set up in private practice focusing on appeals and assisting other lawyers with their appeals.
The Company retained Anne to tackle a complex court of appeals process that was at the very center of the firmâ€™s existence. At the same time due to prior counselâ€™s unexpected departure, she deftly picked up critical civil procedures that were in a state of muddled disarray. Her quick grasp of factual situations, broad understanding of legal implications, and superior written pleadings brought the entire situation to the best possible conclusion imaginable. Of particular virtue was her availability, strong orientation toward results, collaboration across international time-zones, and willingness to poke and prod every last detail. This is an attorney who is several cuts above the rest. It has been both our pleasure and privilege to have engaged her.
Had a divoce case that was completely mishandled in district court. The only thing my trial counsel did right was to refer me to Anne Gill and the Highlands Ranch Law Center PC. Anne and the rest of the staff used their knowledge to force my ex to settle on very favorable terms.
Anne Gill produced a very well researched and written appellate brief. This is what I would expect to see from an attorney rather than the usual canned documents that other attorneys use.
Anne and her staff worked diligently and professionally. The attention to my legal needs, and to me personally was, and continues to be, very much appreciated. I recommend Anne Whalen Gill, Attorney at Law 100%. Good job!
Anne W. Gill is attorney of Highlands Ranch Law Center and handled my appeal case. I extremely do not recommend this lawyer
- She showed absolute lack of respect to me as the client and the person.
- Absolut lack of communication. All my attempts to reach this attorney failed.
- She charged me unreasonable amount of fees.
- She withdrew the case in January and continued to bill me to the end of July.
- This attorney refused to return my files and other property.
- There was a mistake in the billing statement that clearly stated that she overcharged me and own money to me. She refused to return unearned money to me, refused to participate in Legal Fee Arbitration dispute, and reported me to the Collection Agency and misrepresented her depth to me as mine to her!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anne is extremely intelligent and competent. I hired Anne to appeal my divorce case. She was FANTASTIC, even when she had to deliver difficult news. Good news is we won on most of the issues.
I was a client of Ann Gill for the appeal for divorce case #10CA0820.
CASE WAS COMPLETELY LOST!!!!
This attorney violated Professional Codes of Conduct:
1. Lack of diligence. She was not honest with me. She told me that after reading transcripts she would notify me if it would be worth to appeal. She even didn't read ones. She referred me to other attorney without my consideration. Both of them continue to proceed the case and billed me for two attorneys.
2. NOT COMPETENT!!! AS IT APPEARED THEY MISREPRESENTED THE CASE.
3. Fees: According to her health status she was not able to handle the case, but she withhold this information and continued to biil me.
4. Complete lack of communication.