Robert Kerr, Esq., has spent the last nine years working with and focused on disability claims. He has successfully fought against and worked with disability carriers Unum, The Standard, The Hartford, Prudential, Mutual of Omaha, Cigna, Aetna, MetLife, Liberty Mutual, Paul Revere, Berkshire, Guardian, MassMutual, Berkshire, Northwestern Mutual, Great West, Principal, Sun Life and Trustmark.
In addition to handling claims with these insurance companies, he has worked with clients with conditions such as:
- Back Pain/Back Surgery
- Essential Tremor
- PTSD/Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Robert graduated from the University of Rochester with a Bachelor’s Degree in Health & Society in 1995. Following graduation, he worked in pharmaceutical consulting and for drug companies for over 10 years. After his work in clinical data management, he decided to pursue his dream of attending law school.
- Served Florida’s Managed Care Ombudsman Committee, helping Florida citizens understand and resolve disputes with insurance companies
- Graduated with high honors, Magna Cum Laude, with a GPA of 3.697 out of 4.0, ranked 9th in a class of 184
- Academic honor roll 5 of 6 semesters
- Received awards for the highest grades in Constitutional Law, International Law, and Legal Writing
- Received ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Health Law
- Served as Teacher’s Assistant and Tutor for Property Law
- Served as Research Assistant for Professor of Civil Procedure, Health Law, and Employee Benefits Law
- Invited to join the St. Thomas University School of Law Intercultural Human Rights Journal
- Selected by faculty and outgoing board members to be Executive Editor of the Intercultural Human Rights Law Review during his final year of law school
- Selling in Managed Care Areas
- Cost effectiveness of catheter ablation in patients with ventricular tachycardia.
- The Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act of 2005: Who Should Pay For Improved Outcomes?
Robert was also a member of the Booher Inn of Court and the Bioethics and Health Law Consortium of South Florida during law school.
Robert has direct work experience dealing with disability claims, real estate, wills, trademarks, trusts, personal injury, and maritime law.
Robert is licensed to practice law in Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina.