Posted by Jesse
My motorcycle collision was pretty brutal. I had multiple surgeries spanning two years. Geoff and his outstanding professional team took care of me and had me informed every step of the way. Geoff and his team got me a good and fair settlement. I would strongly recommend their services. I hope I am never in another motorcycle or car accident again but if I am, I'll be calling them for their professional help once again. -Jesse Utah
Posted by Jesse
We had a representative from the Law Tigers visit us in the hospital just a day after my wife's initial call to get started on our motorcycle injury case.
Anytime we have had to go in and talk with Geoff, Brooke, Scott, or Dolly, it was like catching up with an old friend and that alone made the whole process easier to go through. We were never made to feel like a question or concern was dumb. We were always given a real outlook of our case and never sugar coated or given to much of an optimistic outcome.
They were personally invested in our case and did not make it seem like a business transaction. We were presented with the best case scenario from the get go and although it took longer then we wanted it to, Geoff and his team did their best to get us to the best case scenario.
There is no other lawyer I would ever recommend to represent someone dealing with a motorcycle/car accident then Geoff and his team.
We truly appreciate everything they have done for us and we would have not gotten the outcome we did without them.
Posted by Alec
In my first Moot Court Case at Law School, the Professor made us Switch Sides the day before the trial to make us focus on the other side's arguments. Looking at my case from the Defendant's point of view, I realize that my case was Very Difficult to Win for the following reasons:
1) I crashed my bike all by myself through improper braking technique, probably by locking the front wheel and not releasing it soon enough.
2) My Age is a factor here. I might have had a Lot of Good Training, but apparently I was not able to apply that training in an Emergency.
3) I fell down quickly and didn't see anything the Defendant did beyond his initial entry into the intersection. Things would have been different had I stayed upright longer, had seen where D ended up, noted color and make of his car, etc. Also Different if I had crashed swerving to avoid D. As Mike said in his Closing Statement, at the point I lost contact with D, for all I know, he could have been turning right into the #2 or #3 lane -- I didn't know, before I fell down, that he was trying to cross all the lanes to make a left turn.
4) Non-impact cases are Hard to Prove, as the jury sees that I crashed my bike, D didn't hit me or my bike, and, in this case, by All the evidence, didn't enter my lane. The Jury thinks if I had just braked properly, no harm, no foul. Which is True! Why should D pay for My crashing My bike when D clearly stopped in time?!
5) Therefore, we should Not have been so Optimistic and I should have taken the $30K offered by D to settle. I think we both got a little greedy... (Of course, this is Easy to Conclude, given the result. The Jury clearly Didn't Get It. We won two votes. The case would have Probably been won with a better jury, and I realize that. This case was probably Lost at Voir Dire, through no fault of our own in the selection process. I Never felt Connected to the Jury, and I don't think you did, either!)
At the trial, in retrospect, you might have done things a bit differently (but I'm not a trial lawyer: What do I Know?!):
1) Deal More Directly with the Problem of My Crashing My Bike, which seemed to me to be an Elephant in the Room, with us consistently saying that I did Nothing Wrong. Admit I lost control by braking improperly, but stress that it was an Emergency and Perfection is Not Required. I did the Best I Could in a Life-Threatening Situation. D's actions Caused me to apply my brakes in the first place. He clearly Didn't See Me as he entered the intersection.
2) Prove Emergency. D thought we would collide when he first saw me (perhaps this point was not stressed Enough at the trial). Distances, Speeds, where D ended up, No Crystal Ball, Reasonable (though Not Perfect) actions in Dire, Life-Threatening Emergency, etc.
3) In light of one of the juror's comments after trial, it might have been a Good Idea to make sure the Jury knew what the Burden of Proof in a Civil Case is!
I don't know if any of the above will help you in your next case or not, and I truly wonder whether tackling My Crashing My Bike head on is the best tactic. Clearly you didn't think so or you would have done it. But it always did Bother Me that we weren't addressing this issue, and I take the Blame for not bringing this issue up.
I was very impressed by your Passionate Commitment to my cause and your Excellent Preparation. You did Everything you could to win. With a Different Jury, we well might have won. We always Roll the Dice at a jury trial. But I Do think you might have been More Optimistic than the Facts of My Particular Case merited. On the other hand, it's your Job to be Optimistic, isn't it?
All I can Really Say, at the end of it, is THANK YOU for Representing Me So Spectacularly!
Posted by Jawanza
I am writing this review for Mr. Trachtenberg because he helped me resolve a really frustrating situation in regards to an accident li had in January of 2015. There were a lot of circumstances that prevented my case from being resolved quickly and I was at wits end dealing with people. Mr. Trachtenberg gave me his personal cell phone number and reviewed my case with me. He even went as far as to reduce his fees since the person responsible did not have insurance that would compensate me for my injuries. He got my doctors fees reduced from over $580,000 to just under $5,000. This relieved me of my greatest worry... Being in debt for something that was no fault of my own. If you need someone who will actually listen and jump through hoops for you, Mr. Trachtenberg is the lawyer for you.
Posted by Tyler
5 days after I got out of the Marine Corps I was in Phoenix, AZ visiting family. I was riding my motorcycle and was T-boned by a full size pick going 45 MPH while the driver was drunk. I broke my back in 3 places, had my left heel cut clean off of my foot, cracked my skull open and broke my left leg in 6 places, I spent almost 6 months in the hospital and had to have 23 surgeries to re-construct my left leg, ankle and heel. Geoffrey Trachtenburg was in my Hospital room within 24 hours after reaching out to him. He has clawed tooth and nail for me and managed to get over $1MM worth of medical bills taken away for me. I don't know what I would have done without his help. Extremely responsive and knowledgeable, I would recommend Geoff to anyone!
Posted by Jennifer
Geoffrey Trachtenberg was a blessing. We had a long unnecessary processes from the beginning and nothing began to turn around until Mr. Trachtenburg became involved. I had the pleasure to see Geoffrey Trachtenberg in action in the courtroom and I was blown away on what a lawyer was suppose to be, he was more than knowledgeable, he had passion and he wanted results and to finally see someone who cared about our case and getting to the end of this matter made me finally there were good people out there. Geoffrey Trachtenberg didn't fight for the money, he fights for what is right. I am proud to have had the pleasure of working with him. He always kept his word, was prompt to returning calls or answering right when you call. And always kept me informed. I would recommend Geoffrey Trachtenberg over and over for the rest of my life. I could not be more thankful for being able to have him as my lawyer.
Posted by Christy
Thank you, Geoffrey!! Even though Geoffrey knew our case was a difficult one, he didn't hesitate to give it his all. His experience, passion, and persistence paid off for me and my family tremendously. Geoffrey's encouragement and positivity helped me through the darkest times & I am forever grateful to him.
Posted by Veronica
Geoff was experienced, wise, informed and a graciously good counselor to my son and me in all our interactions throughout this two and one-half year process. He was continually positive and gave us the confidence and legal support we needed to move through these difficult times and kept our family spirits finely tuned. His resolution of the case was exemplary and I would gladly and cheerfully recommend Geoff and his professional team.
Posted by Sean
I was in my first motorcycle accident when I called the Law Tigers and Geoff Trachtenberg . In the accident I received a concussion and snapped my clavical so bad it needed a metal plate and screws. The attorney showed up at my doorstep within 2 hours of me calling them. They were extremely professional and very personable. They literally took care of EVERYTHING, even a year after I received my settlement they responded to my questions regarding the settlement and filing my taxes. And by the way, I received a very nice settlement. My case almost went into litigation, in the end I decided not to pursue this but I really appreciated the guidance from the attorney and paralegal. Every single person I came into contact with was helpful, knowledgable, and friendly. I would recommend the Law Tigers and Geoff Trachtenberg to anyone!
Posted by monica branch
My daughter was injured on Mothers Day therefore i will never forget what happened. The Injury was the result of someone being negligent while in their care! Geoffrey was right on my case doing all that can be done to get my daughter what was rightfully compensation for all she went thru. Geoffrey Trachtenberg followed thru on all that was promised and ensured it was delivered. I recommend Geoffrey highly to anyone seeking help when help is most needed and allow yourself to sleep at night knowing your are taken care of. Geoffrey is not just a great Attorney he is a fine fine human being that really cares about people. Thank you again!