- I have completed training by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to administer standardized field sobriety tests.
- I am a member in good standing with the State Bar of Texas.
- I am a member of the Austin Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association.
- I am a member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association.
- I am a member of The National DWI College
- I have a Juris Doctor degree.
- I have attended the Robert F. Borkenstein Course on Alcohol and Highway Safety, Testing, Research and Legislation taught at the Indiana University. This is the same course the prosecutor?s expert attended. As a result of this training, Ken is able to better contest any Intoxilyzer evidence that the prosecutor attempts to introduce.
- I have completed training under the Department of Transportation Guidelines as an Intoxilyzer 5000 Operator and Technician. This training gives him the knowledge to know the strengths and weaknesses of this particular Intoxilyzer. Further, Ken can use this knowledge to better defend you.
- I own my own Intoxilyzer 5000s. If you provided a breath test at the jail this is the same model Intoxilyzer that the police used.
- I spend time each month researching the latest cases, legal treatises, scientific literature, and articles on the subject of drunk driving defense allowing him to be on the cutting edge of DWI defense at all times.
- DUI Help Member
- I am doggedly independent, and believe in challenging everything for my clients’ defense to be successful.
- As a matter of course, I am ready to fight your case, when appropriate by bombarding the County Attorney with extensive pre-trial motions, demonstrative evidence, photographs, witness testimony, videos, defense experts, essential cross-examination of the prosecution’s witnesses, and, of course, your testimony.
- I focus on criminal cases with the emphasis of his practice devoted to DWI cases. I focus on cases in Williamson, Travis and Hays Counties.
If having your license and your freedom play a large part in your life, call for help now **(512) 469-6056**.
Cash, Check, Credit card
Are you an attorney? Endorse this lawyer
Ken was my first employer when I began my practice, and I learned most of what I know about zealous DWI defense from the practices implemented at his top-notch firm. He has truly honed his expertise in the area of DWI defense and built a team of some of the finest attorneys in the area. I'm grateful for the experience I gained working for him.
Michelle Mays Criminal defense Attorney
Relationship: Worked for lawyer
|TX||Eligible To Practice In Texas||1998||07/16/2016|
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Mastering Science (MSE) DUI Course||National College of DUI Defense||2013|
|Mastering Science (MSE) DUI Course||National College of DUI Defense||2011|
|Forensic Blood and Urine Course||Headlines Marketing||2008|
|Certified Intoxilyzer Technician Course||C.E.S.||2003|
|Certificate of Completion Intoxilyzer Operator Course||C.E.S.||2003|
|Borkenstein Course on Alcohol: Testing, Research and Litigation||Indiana University||2003|
|Certified Standard Field Sobriety Testing||Lapier and Associates LLC||2001|
|Attorney||Kenneth M. Gibson, P.C.||1998 - Present|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Better Business Bureau||Member||2008 - Present|
|National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys||Member||2000 - Present|
|National College of DUI Defense||Member||2000 - Present|
|Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Education Committee||Member||1999 - Present|
|Austin Criminal Defense Lawyers Association||Member||1999 - Present|
|Oklahoma City University School of Law||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1998|
|University of Texas||Business||Bachelor of Business Administration||1995|
|DWi Defense||DWI Defense||2007|