Natalie A. Remien is a Partner and Chair of the Intellectual Property Group at Roberts McGivney Zagotta where her practice focuses on companies worldwide across a diverse group of industries. Ms. Remien concentrates her practice in intellectual property and related IP, corporate and employment matters.
Representative experience includes:
· Prosecuting and enforcing large trademark and copyright portfolios as in-house counsel for a multi-national toy retailer in the U.S. and overseas.
· Identification, protection and enforcement pf trademark portfolios as outside counsel for a diverse range of clients, including large retailers such as Sears Holdings Corporation
· Preparing trademark applications, drafting Office Action responses and amendments and handling TTAB opposition and cancellation proceedings.
· Counseling clients with respect to trademark, trade dress, trade secret, domestic and foreign prosecution, brand clearance and domestic and pre-litigation enforcement strategy.
· Representing clients in large-scale litigation in the areas of trademark, copyright, trade dress cases before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois and other federal courts including but not limited to the District Court of New Jersey.
· Preparation and defense of witnesses, as well as taking deposition of fact and expert witnesses
· Formation of Corporations, Sub-S Corporations, LLC and Partnerships
· Drafting and negotiating Operating Agreements, Independent Contractor Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Vendor Agreements, Non-Disclosure / Confidentiality Agreements, Co-existence Agreements, Settlement Agreements, and others.
Ms. Remien speaks regularly on various topics related to trademark and copyright issues and participates in the marketing, advertising and branding community in which her clients do business. Additionally, Ms. Remien is involved in the women’s business community as a dedicated member and former committee member of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO). Ms. Remien is a Lifetime Chicago Friend of Boardroom Bound, an organization that trains and supports the efforts of women and minorities to secure corporate board positions. Finally, Ms. Remien is a member of Delta Gamma Fraternity and is a supporter of its philanthropic projects for Aid to the Blind and Sight Conservation.
Prior to private practice, Ms. Remien worked for Ty Inc., an American toy company that specializes in the production of plush toys, including BEANIE BABIES®. As Associate Counsel of Ty Inc., she managed large domestic and foreign trademark and copyright portfolios, engaging in searching and clearance, preparation of applications, obtaining registrations and creation and implementation of enforcement programs. She also handled a variety of general corporate issues.
Ms. Remien is admitted to practice in Illinois and the U.S. District for the Northern District of Illinois. She earned her Juris Doctor degree from DePaul University College of Law, and her Bachelor of Science degree, cum laude, from the University of Colorado (Boulder) with dual areas of emphasis in Finance and Marketing. Additionally, Ms. Remien holds a Certificate of Completion from Northwestern University, School of Continuing Studies in Mediation Skills Training.
Cash, Check, Credit card
Are you an attorney? Endorse this lawyer
Natalie is a thoughtful attorney, dedicated to getting results for her clients in a cost-effective manner! She's friendly and always willing to explain things until you "get it" and never settles for anything but the most optimum of results!
Amy Cramer Discrimination Attorney
Relationship: Fellow lawyer in community
|IL||Active And Authorized To Practice Law||1999||08/10/2016|
|Partner||Roberts McGivney Zagotta||2013 - Present|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|National Association of Women Business Owners||Member||2009 - Present|
|Chicago Bar Association||Member||1999 - Present|
|American Bar Association||Member||1999 - 2007|
|Remien Law||C-Corp, S-Corp, LLC? 5 Common Questions Answered||2010|
|Intellectual Property Rights Guide||What Is The Value Of Intellectual Property?||2010|
|Does Your Intellectual Property Work As Hard As You Do?||Five Simple Steps To Leveraging IP and Creating Real Value||2008|
|DePaul Unversity College of law||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1999|
|University of Colorado - Boulder||Business Administration||BS - Bachelor of Science||1996|
|Food & Nutrition Conference||Intellectual Property for Dietitians||2009|