I worked with a start-up company that grew from under $1,000,000 in sales to about $60,000,000 in sales in five years. The owner grew very litigious with his extensive non-compete agreement and everyone - dealers - that had a problem with him felt his wrath. The company grew and was held together with fear. Many people were very afraid and suffered because of their agreement they had signed was one- sided. In the beginning this was not a problem and it was unforeseeable that the agreement was going to be used in the most aggressive and destructive way possible, even beyond any legal remedy - just to cause the loss of time and money.
Most dealers did have problems. Over 60 out of 400 'former dealers' felt the wrath of this company using their agreement as a sword and tormenting them until they were tired, out of money, and beat down. Over 60 were or are involved in litigation, some for over 5 years. Many of my friends, before I fell into a major legal dispute, retained an attorney only to have the attorney overwhelmed, out organized, and in a situation were they withdrew from the case because the opposition was too tough. The opposition had been fighting these exact cases for five years. They didn't know what hit them. (the clients and attorneys) The legal firm would ask for a few thousand up front but then want up to $50,000 or more to go to trial. This was to get out of these tough cases. So when I needed consul, I was extremely worried. I knew that my case, and maybe my financial future was dependent on one individual.
Most attorneys took months just to catch up on 'non-compete' issues and had no idea what they were up against. When the attorney found out they just gave up because it was a hard case.
On the other hand Joanne Peters, without any hesitation, can be recommend to fully take over your case and let you sleep a lot better at night.
1. She studied the situation in every way and was ready immediately. I never saw her caught off guard or unprepared. Not once.
2. She is reasonable and tough. She knows how to get the job done and win the game, but she is also above the game and in control of the process.
3. Easy to get a long with. She gave me notice of every event and I didn't have to keep track of the case allowing me to focus more on my business and not the money and time distraction the opposition wanted.
4. Joanne gets results. My company was struggling financially, my opposition company had a legal budget of $500,000 each year, and we were able to avoid any judgments against me and my company. In my case with Joanne, this was not luck, she earned this through her methodical approach.
5. Joanne gets at least an A rating. Six of the eight attorneys I have had I would rate a C - to an F according to my realistic expectations. One I would rate a B. Joanne never let me down over our year long case. When the case was over, she mailed me 5 full bankers boxes of files, if that gives you an idea of the scope of this contractual dispute.
I would not hesitate in having her represent you or your firm. This is one of the few recommendations I have every written and I am completely happy to try and return the support she gave me and my company.
One Happy Client
Feel free to ask Joanne for my number is you would like to speak with me directly.