“I strive to handle every case with the most effective combination of zealous advocacy, pragmatism, and cost-efficiency that I can deliver. In no other practice area do clients ‘live their case’ each day the way that they do in family law matters. Every person who walks in my door deserves not only a focused litigation strategy, but patience, attention and respect.”
Sarah provides her clients with a framework of straightforward strategic advice that is grounded in realistic expectations without sacrificing the uncompromising quality of its results – whether such results are rendered in the courtroom, or written at the mediator’s table. She believes that law is an ever-evolving practice, and, toward that end, has established a niche of keeping her fellow practitioners aware of the most cutting-edge Georgia case law. She is a regular presenter at statewide family law conferences and seminars.
Prior to forming Hoelting & McCormack LLC, Sarah spent more than ten years at the family law firm of Kessler & Solomiany LLP, where she became its first female partner.
HONORS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
* B.A., University of Virginia (1997); Phi Beta Kappa
* J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2001); Member, North Carolina Law Review; Order of the Coif, UNC School of Law
* Georgia Super Lawyer (2014);
* Georgia Rising Star (2006-2007; 2010-2013);
* Co-Author / 2012 Georgia Family Law Institute co-presenter: “Case Law Update 2012;”
* Author, “Mulling Over Miller: The Impact of a Finding of Personal Goodwill on the Scope of the Marital Estate and on a Potential Alimony Award When One Spouse Owns a Professional Practice in a Georgia Divorce” (2011 Family Law Review Article);
* Speaker / PowerPoint Presenter, “Mid-Life Divorce: Unique Challenges for Baby Boomers and Beyond – Strategies for Marital Estate Division, Spousal Support and Retirement Distribution” (Strafford Publications, 2011);
* Author/ 2010 Georgia Family Law Institute co-presenter – “Restaurant Nous Non Plus: A Tasting Menu of the Latest Family Law Cases.”
* Co-Author, “Representing ‘High Profile Clients’ in Family Law Cases (American Journal of Family Law, 2004);
* Author, “Controversy Aroused: North Carolina Mandates Insurance Coverage of Contraceptives in the Wake of Viagra” — 79 N.C. L. Rev. (2001-2002).
Sarah met Rebecca, her law partner, and Cristy, their paralegal, at the downtown Atlanta law firm of Long Aldridge & Norman LLP (now McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP) where they engaged in both family law and regular civil practice. Sarah grew up in the metropolitan Atlanta area. She shares her household with her husband, Kevin, Director of Editorial Production for Turner Sports / NBA Digital, their sweet son, Dylan, and their indomitable daughter, Lark.
ABOUT HOELTING & MCCORMACK
Our firm philosophy is simple: Treat clients as they wish to be treated. What does that mean to you? Calls are timely returned. Bills are meaningful. Strategy is shared.
We both had the talent to meet at the same large-scale Atlanta law firm and the intuition to know that we could best serve our clients in a different context: a specialized family law firm of our own design. From this concept arose the Hoelting & McCormack partnership.
When we are hired as your counsel, we know that you are placing your family and your family’s future in our hands as part of a singular gesture of trust and confidence. We seek to earn and re-earn that trust and confidence with each day, each filing, each mediation, and each court appearance.
|GA||Active Member in Good Standing||2001||10/21/2020|
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Rising Star||Georgia Super Lawyers||2010|
|Rising Star||Georgia Super Lawyers||2007|
|Rising Star||Georgia Super Lawyers||2006|
|Rising Star||Georgia Super Lawyers||2005|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|DeKalb County Bar Association, Family Law Section||Board Member||2011 - 2012|
|Power Point Presentation for Strattford Publications Webinar||Mid-Life Divorce: Unique Challenges for Baby Boomers and Beyond – Strategies for Marital Estate Division, Spousal Support and Retirement Distribution||2011|
|University of North Carolina School of Law||JD - Juris Doctor||N/A|
|University of Virginia||BA - Bachelor of Arts||N/A|
|Annual Georgia Family Law Seminar||Annual Family Law Case Update||2011|
|Annual Georgia Family Law Seminar||Restaurant Nous Non Plus: A Tasting Menu of the Latest Georgia Family Law Cases||2010|
Posted by Atlanta
Sun Mar 17 2019
Posted by Tracy
Wed Oct 17 2018
Posted by anonymous
Thu Apr 05 2018
Posted by Poornima
Thu Feb 22 2018
Posted by Daniel
Wed Feb 07 2018
Posted by Haynes
Tue Feb 06 2018
Posted by Jenny
Tue Feb 06 2018
Posted by Lauren
Tue Feb 06 2018
Posted by Faith
Mon Feb 05 2018
Posted by Ayna
Mon Feb 05 2018