|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Rising Star||Super Lawyers||2014|
|Partner||Levine & Blit, PLLC||2004 - Present|
|Partner||David Scheinfeld & Associates||2003 - 2004|
|Associate||Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman & Dicker LLP||2000 - 2003|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|New York State Trial Lawyers Association||Member||N/A|
|National Employment Lawyers Association||Member||N/A|
|New York County Lawyers' Association||Member||N/A|
|St. John's University Alumni||Member||N/A|
|Wiercinski v. Mangia 57, Inc. et al. 1:09-cv-04413-ILG||Plaintiff's Jury Verdict $900,001.00|
|Bartley v. The Department of Education||$4,500,000.00 - Jury Verdict|
|See all legal cases|
|NY Post:||900k Trial Verdict||2013|
|NY Post||Professor and James Franco Case Settled||2013|
|NY Post||L&B Seeks Class Action against Catering Firm||2013|
|New York Daily News||Sexual Harassment Lawsuits||2010|
|New York Post||Piven's Ex Sues||2010|
|New York Daily News||Former Stripper Sues Scores||2010|
|New York Post||Knick Gets Called for Sex Foul||2009|
|Forbes||Get The Best Job References You Can||2009|
|Forbes||Using Employees' Email Against Them||2008|
|Forbes||To Sign Or Not To Sign||2008|
|St. John’s University School of Law||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||2000|
|St John's University||N/A||BA - Bachelor of Arts||1997|
Posted by Monika
Matthew J. Blit was so helpful in assisting me with my personal injury case. I was so relived to have Matthew taking care of the business aspect of things so that I could concentrate on the recovery process. He was very supporting, he calmed me down many times and give me a feeling of satisfaction in working my case. He was always for me when I needed, Matthew has been extremely responsive by email and phone, responding immediately every time. His answers to my questions were always clear and complete. Matthew J. Blit is always fair and honest. I am so very happy with my results. I would definitely recommended Matthew J. Blit.
Posted by anonymous
I have survived two hostile legal situations several years apart with Mr. Blit's representation and he was stellar both times. I couldn't ask for a more positive experience. He got the job done without putting any stress on me, I was able to relax and leave the situation in his capable hands. His directions were clear and easy to follow. The man is a great communicator and excellent at what he does. His responsiveness and follow-through are unparalleled. I am super-pleased, he put me at ease right away and has done nothing to cause my confidence in him to waver. Very grateful to have located such a remarkable attorney.
Posted by anonymous
I was quite disappointed with my engagement with Levine & Blit but I hope some facts of my experience helps you decide if they are the right team for you.
In short, Matthew J. Blit verbally sold me services that he could not legally provide.
The quick rundown:
- They charged me a $250 fee to meet with Matthew Blit for 20 minutes, where we went over the same email I had sent ahead of time.
- I explicitly asked if I'd be better off with a NJ lawyer, since that's where the defendant was. Matthew Blit assured me several times that being a NYC lawyer would have no effect on collecting from the defendant who lives in New Jersey.
- Knowing getting a judgement in my favor was an open and shut case, he also repeatedly assured me that collecting on the judgement would be easy and they would handle it all. He was flippant about how easy it'd be.
- Side note: His waiting room had framed newspaper clippings of big personal injury payouts and his office was full of conspicuous consumption; signed baseballs in glass cases, Ferrari models, etc.
- I signed the retainer and then never saw or spoke to Matthew Blit again. He had a second lawyer take over my case from there.
- That lawyer was able to get the judgement, despite not having the right paperwork during our court appearance.
- After repeated inquires over 3 years and little or no response, the second lawyer fesses up that New York lawyers actually can’t file the judgement in New Jersey and left me with a “we fulfilled our contract”.
So now I’m starting the process over with - and losing another 30% of the judgement to - a New Jersey lawyer.
Empire State Building
350 Fifth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY, 10118