Office: | Fax: | Website:
Majid Foroozandeh is the lead litigation counsel and founder for the Law Offices of Foroozandeh, APC, giving his clients exceptional legal representation since 2007. Majid is an experienced attorney in personal injury, immigration including withholding of removal practice, corporate & business matters and personal and business bankruptcies including adversarial procedures, and family law cases for the Orange County area and is fluent in English, Persian.
During his years as an attorney he has received many awards, which most recently include:
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Lawyers, 2020-2021.
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 25 Lawyers, Auto Accidents, 2020-2021.
- Who’s Who top Attorneys North America, Excellence in Legal Community Award, 2020-2021.
- If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be dealing with burdensome medical bills, loss of income, and pain and suffering. You need to be represented by a skilled personal injury attorney who understands your needs and concerns. At the Law Offices of Foroozandeh, APC, we genuinely care about your wellbeing. We provide responsive and dependable legal guidance as you seek compensation from the parties responsible for your injuries. To work with a lawyer who delivers the personalized attention and sound advice you need, turn to our respected firm.
- When legal disputes disrupt your business or personal life, having a committed, knowledgeable attorney to zealously advocate on your behalf brings comfort and peace of mind. The Law Offices of Foroozandeh, APC, represents California businesses, families and individuals in litigation, arbitration, and mediation in corporate and business matters.
- Whether your goal is to live permanently in the United States or to work here temporarily, whether you are an undocumented worker, a high-powered executive, or a citizen adopting internationally or marrying your foreign fiancé, or interested in Student Visa, or if you are looking to obtain residency through work or investment, or asylum status, or if you are in deportation proceedings, the Law offices of Foroozandeh, APC has the experience to help you, and your family members with your immigration matters.
- If you have been injured in an auto accident, the skilled personal injury attorneys at our law firm can help you secure the compensation you deserve for past and future medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement and emotional distress.
Employment and Labor Law
Workplace Injury - The experienced attorneys at the Law Offices of Foroozandeh, APC, help workers get fair compensation for injuries and illnesses sustained in the workplace. Our attorneys help workers recover damages for their workers compensation claims, including: Compensation for permanent disability, Dependents’ recovery for worker’s death, Lost wages or salary, Rehabilitation expenses, and Retraining costs.
Wage and Hour Violations - California employees have the legal right to compensation if their employers violate the state’s wage and hour laws. Common wage/hour law violations in California include: Failing to pay the minimum wage; Failing to pay overtime; Requiring “work off the clock“; Failing to provide required meal and/or rest breaks; Misclassifying employees as exempt from wage/hour requirements; and Misclassifying employees as independent contractors. At the Law Offices of Foroozandeh, APC, we have the expertise to assist you with your Wage and Hour Claims against your employer.
Wrongful Termination - A wrongful termination action may be necessary when a worker claims he or she was fired or laid off by their employer for an illegal reason. This generally means a violation of federal or state laws, and/or public policy. The most common claims are: Termination for whistle blower activities, Termination for exercising rights under the Fair Employment and Housing Act, Termination for exercising protected political activities, Termination for filing a workers’ compensation claim or reporting a work related injury, and Termination for exercising rights under California employee leave laws. At the Law Offices of Foroozandeh, we can assist you with your wrongful termination claims.
Business and Corporate Matters
- With combined 70 years of experience behind our attorneys and of counsel, you can be confident that we can provide you sound legal advice and assist you with your corporate decisions and strategies that can impact your legal and financial position of your corporate structure, your relationship with your clients and customers, vendors and providers, state and federal authorities. Corporate law, more than ever now, is in the state of flux due to the advent of technology and increasing/decreasing regulations not only in California but also nationally and internationally. We will work zealously to provide you with sound advice and protect what you have worked so hard to build or planning to build, whether you are in a service or sales, professional, or in the government sector, at the Law Offices of Foroozandeh, APC, we have you covered.
- Admitted in 2007, California State Bar
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, October 2009
- US Federal Court for Eastern District of California, May 2010
- US Federal Court for Southern District of California, November 2009
- US Federal Court for Central District of California, May 2007
- US Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, Washington D.C., January 2010
- US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, July 2010
- US Tax Court, November 2009
- US Court of International Trade, January 2014
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, June 2015
- US Navy – Marine Crops Court of Criminal Appeals, May 2018
- US Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals, August 2018
Law School Attended
- Western State University, College of Law, Fullerton, California, Class of 1995 J.D.
- National University, San Diego, California, Class of 1989 B.S.
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Cum Laude
- National University, San Diego, California, Class of 1990 M.B.A.
- Lead Counsel Rated by Find Law, Immigration, 2013, 2014
- Best of Business, Irvine California Lawyers, 2015
- Top Attorneys of North America Award, 2016
- 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2016
- Expert Network Distinguished Lawyer Award, 2017
- Top 100 Attorneys of North America Award, 2017-2018
- Top 100 Registry, Attorney of the Year, 2018
- Top 100 Attorneys of North America Award, 2019-2020
- Who’s Who top Attorneys North America, Excellence in Legal Community Award, 2020-2021
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Lawyers, 2020-2021
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 25 Lawyers, Auto Accidents, 2020-2021
Cases that Made Law
Carlton v. Dr. Pepper Snapple Grp., 228 1200 (Cal. Ct. App. 2014)
The court of Appeals, Fourth District, Division 2, California Held in part that: “We would agree with Carlton, if he had not filed the SAC. However, by filing the SAC, Carlton opened the door to a demurrer to the entire SAC, including the breach of contract cause of action. The SAC superseded the FAC, which permitted a demurrer to the entire SAC to be filed. (See Meyer v. State Bd. of Equalization (1954) 42 376, 384, 267 P.2d 257 [“It is well established that an amendatory pleading supersedes the original one, which ceases to perform any function as a pleading”].) C.–D.”; “DISPOSITION; “The award of discovery sanctions is reversed. In all other respects, the judgment is affirmed. The parties are to bear their own costs on appeal. We concur: RAMIREZ, P. J. KING, J.” Opinion of the Court of Appeals was Published.
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of California
- Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), Dive Master Rating, December 2007