|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Man of the Year||Big Brothers & Sisters of San Diego County||1996|
|Partner||The Corona Firm, LLP||1994 - 2000|
|Attorney||Adkins, Fuhrman & Holthaus||1983 - 1994|
|Attorney||Avery & Fuhrman||1977 - 1983|
|Trial Attorney||Defenders, Inc. (Non-Profit)||1974 - 1977|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|North County Bar Association, Family Law Section||Co-chair||2016 - Present|
|North County Bar Association||Member||2006 - Present|
|Consumer Attorneys of San Diego||Member||1979 - Present|
|Criminal Defense Lawyers Club||Member||1979 - Present|
|San Diego County Bar Association||Member||1977 - Present|
|State Bar of California||Member||1974 - Present|
|Big Brothers & Big Sisters of San Diego||President||1990 - 1991|
|University of San Diego School of Law Alumni Association||President||1983 - 1984|
|Criminal Defense Bar Association of San Diego||Member||1976 - 2001|
|In re Marriage of Micare||sole child custody; award property to Petitioner|
|See all legal cases|
|University of San Diego School of Law||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1973|
|American University||Political Science||BA - Bachelor of Arts||1970|
Posted by Eric
- When things are going great, he'll ask for a review. One of these 5 star reviews is mine. I regret not waiting until a more meaningful amount of work had occurred and am working with Avvo to remove it.
- After firing Mr. Fuhrman after more than a year on the case, my next attorney was able to make a case for parental alienation using only information that happened very early during Mr. Fuhrman's role and which he was specifically aware of as it was gross behaviour on my ex's part and I brought it up in detail to him. The court found Parental Alienation had occurred. Family Court rarely finds Parental Alienation, so this is a very big deal. This would have dramatically changed the 12% parental custody Mr. Fuhrman was able to get me. It's a disgusting lapse on Mr. Fuhrman's part.
- Mr. Fuhrman insisted during the entire duration of the case that I was entitled to half of the house that was solely in my ex-wife's name, that I was at least entitled to half the investment in buying it since I used 100% of my retirement to do so. Mr. Furhman backpedaled hard during day 1 and 2 of the 3 day trial. The opposition had offered letting my ex have the house with no argument and I would not need to pay alimony. I ended up losing 100% of the house, 100% of the money used to buy the house, and having to pay alimony. I checked with an appeals attorney and was told that this was in fact the correct outcome for my specific situation. Mr. Fuhrman did not do his homework and only tried to cover his tail as court started by backpedaling when it was too late to make changes. He never said "I was wrong, you should take their deal." - I would have been angry, but found that redeeming. Instead he continued to push for the house, then the purchase money. And failed hard. Now I'm out thousands of dollars a month in alimony "forever" because the marriage was more than 10 years.
- Mr. Fuhrman made no conciliatory offer to reduce his fees for his ineptness.
- Mr Fuhrman has a temper and will fire you as a client unless you bend to his will. He (illegally) fired me days before court because I wanted him to prove to me the house was in fact half mine as he'd been telling me for over a year. Opposing counsel even tried to help him out and had provided him material about why it wasn't.
- Mr. Fuhrman missed a $12000 credit card debt during court that has still not been cleared up months later. Until that's cleared up, I'm responsible, but it is absolutely marriage debt. He apologized when I pointed it out during a break in the trial and agreed it should have been included but has done nothing to rectify his mistake.
- He'll string you along and give you platitudes, but I find that, compared to my new attorney (who charges less), Mr. Fuhrman was extremely ineffective.
I cannot in good conscious recommend him as an attorney.
Posted by Dmitry Losevskiy
Bill helped me quickly with my tenants rights issue. He wrote the letter to quit. Very experienced in his field. Gave me advices on how can I legally proceed. Highly recommend him to anyone
Posted by Isaac
Mr. Fuhrman and his team have worked with me on two complicated cross county cases involving custody issues. For each individual case Mr. Fuhrman and his team helped me get the outcome I wanted with the least court involvement. I hired Mr. Fuhrman for another case recently and he has secured custody visitation for me as he did on the first case. The values that guide Mr. Fuhrman's legal firm are integrity, fairness, empathy, competency, and understanding.
Rima Khoury, Business Attorney
Relationship: Fellow lawyer in community
Mr. Fuhrman is knowledgeable, professional and has a reputation in the legal community as a great advocate for his clients. His many years of experience and his vibrant personality help his clients through difficult and arduous legal issues. I highly recommend Mr. Fuhrman.
Cash, Check, Credit card