I provide efficient and results-driven solutions to companies and individuals involved in troubled financial or family relationships. Over the past 15 years, I have counseled companies in the banking, factoring, insurance, automobile, real estate, manufacturing, catalog/telephone sales, steel, plastics and construction industries. I have represented bankruptcy trustees, receivers, secured creditors, unsecured creditors, Chapter 11 debtors-in-possession, and Chapter 7 debtors in state and federal court litigation. I have also pursued and collected millions of dollars in commercial debt through fraudulent transfer, successor liability, equitable subordination and traditional collections actions.
I also have a family law practice and have represented individuals in divorce, dissolution, custody, support and parenting disputes for opposite and same sex partners. I also assist clients in negotiating prenuptial agreements and domestic partnership agreements.
- Acted as lead counsel on all phases of litigation, including bench trials, jury trials, depositions, written discovery, settlement conferences, and pre-trials
- Represented a bankruptcy trustee in unwinding a $20,000,000 Ponzi scheme, including simultaneously managing and litigating over 100 adversary proceedings to recover preference claims
- Guided through bankruptcy a parts supplier to Ford, a real estate development firm, and a national insulation manufacturing business
- Successfully pursued collections of underperforming accounts receivables for a regional restaurant supply company, a national energy supplier and a national factoring company
- Represented both national and local banks in foreclosures of commercial properties in state and federal courts, including the implementation and oversight of receivers
- Negotiated resolutions to investigations by state and federal agencies into the sales practices of a national catalog sales company and advised the company on best business practices to comply with state and federal sales laws
- Obtained a divorce settlement for a Mother that granted her sole custody of her children and allowed her to move to a foreign country
- Litigated, tried and won a motion to show cause for an ex-husband’s failure to pay support, and a motion to increase child support for an ex-husband’s payment of too little support