I had a very poor experience with Carol. I selected Carol based on my familiarity with her in other professional dealings and, after consulting with her, my budget. Carol is very intelligent and confident. She knows the law and I felt as though she had a plan. However, this is where I feel our partnership went south. My case truly should've been an extremely easy case to win: documented drug test failures, documented showing up to care for the children under the influence, infidelity, 3 job terminations in 6 months, a separation agreement written by Ms. Strench and signed by my spouse, over 70 tardies and 10 unexcused absences for my oldest child, and more. Despite these facts, and no real negative information on my side:
1) my spouse disputed the separation agreement, which was then essentially dismissed from court as being unfair and one-sided
2) because my spouse disputed the agreement, we were given a guardian ad litem (ok'd by Ms. Strench) which I had to pay a significant cost for.
3) this guardian, who seemed to be much more familiar with the opposing attorney, promptly overlooked and dismissed the positive drug tests and the overwhelming tardiness
4) The other significant evidence was tabled "until we go to trial" despite me asking why we weren't going back and forth negotiating AT LEAST two times and yet...
5) due to believing that must just be how it had to play itself out, I've STILL not been in front of a judge.
6) and the times we were in court (not in front of a judge, simply finally doing a bit of negotiation) she was yelled at by the opposing attorney and was able to be bullied into a losing position. My spouse was able to concede nothing and pay no consequences for prior actions.
I believe Carol is very intelligent and knows the law quite well. I do feel VERY strongly that Carol's lack of listening to my concerns and continuing with her predetermined agenda did my case a great disservice all while being outclassed and out maneuvered by a "higher-priced attorney".