SERIOUS AND COMPLEX STATEWIDE AND FEDERAL CRIMINAL DEFENSE. TOP 100 TRIAL ATTORNEY.
* 100% Criminal Defense boutique law office that handles Florida Statewide and Federal cases.
* Has strategically defended hundreds of clients since 1997.
* Focuses on serious and complex felony cases from the investigative stage up through and including jury trial.
* Travels to all counties and cities.
* Headquarters/main office is located in Downtown Tampa; additional meeting locations for felony cases are offered in Jacksonville, Orlando, Miami, and other select cities.
LHJ LAW has represented and/or consulted with an array of clients including:
* Law enforcement family members and friends
* Media/profile individuals
* White-collar professionals
* Foreign nationals
LEON H. JONES, J.D.
* Criminal Defense Trial Attorney & Founder of LHJ LAW.
* Over 20 years of experience handling criminal cases.
* Member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
* Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
* Former Felony Prosecutor in Florida.
* Graduate of Stetson University College of Law (routinely ranked #1 among U.S. law schools for trial advocacy) and University of Tampa.
* Grew up in England and Canada.
LHJ LAW defends clients with all types of criminal charges including:
* Racketeering (R.I.C.O.)
* Armed Robbery/Burglary/Kidnapping
* Weapons Offenses
* Drug Trafficking/Delivery/Possession
* Sex Crimes
* Child Abuse
* Aggravated Battery & Assault/Domestic Violence
* White-collar Theft/Fraud
* Violation of Supervision (Community Control, Probation)
* Bond Motions (including Nebbia)
APPROACH TO REPRESENTATION
The law acts as both a sword and a shield for the protection of society. At the same time, the Criminal Justice System creates a strain on not only the accused but on family, friends, and employers. Skill and experience from having worked on both the prosecution and defense sides of the courtroom are brought to bear for every client that entrusts LHJ LAW with his or her case. Beyond skill and experience, it is the degree of diligence and compassion in working a case that has the greatest impact on results.
Clients seeking legal representation are not only looking for an attorney with a high level of skill and experience in the legal realm, but also a lawyer with a powerful and personable demeanor who understands a client's thoughts and feelings as a unique individual and can effectively translate them to the courtroom.
Clients rightly expect a high level of personalized attention to their cases. They also often prefer that the attorney they hire will be the attorney handling their case(s) in and out of the courtroom. Many referred clients have stated that these were significant factors in their decision to retain LHJ LAW and the office has structured its practice to successfully deliver on these expectations.
|FL||Member in Good Standing||1991||08/24/2022|
|Award name||Grantor||Date Granted|
|Top 100 Trial Lawyers||National Trial Lawyers Association||2018|
|Top Lawyer||Global Directory of Who's Who||2016|
|Competitive Trial Team||Stetson University College of Law||N/A|
|Competitive Appellate Argument Team||Stetson University College of Law||N/A|
|Founder & CEO / Criminal Defense Attorney||LHJ LAW||1997 - Present|
|Advisor||Ameriprise||1996 - 1997|
|Advisor||Chatfield Dean||1995 - 1995|
|Attorney||Barr, Murman & Tonelli||1994 - 1995|
|Prosecuting Attorney||Office Of The State Attorney||1990 - 1994|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|National Trial Lawyers Association||Member||2014 - Present|
|National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers||Member||2006 - Present|
|Hillsborough County Bar Association Lawyer Magazine||No Exigency, No Permission, No Warrant--No Problem?||2017|
|AVVO Legal Guides||Top 10 Things to Remember While Out on Bond||2014|
|Stetson University College of Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1990|
|University of Tampa||BA - Bachelor of Arts||1987|
|T.V. Show "Fatal Attraction"||Legal Commentator--Homicide Case||2017|
|National Trial Competiton||Mock Trial (Panel Judge)||2017|
|Oral Argument||National Pretrial Competition (Panel Judge)||2016|
|National Tournament||Moot Court Argument (Panel Judge)||2016|
|Mock Trial Competition (Hillsborough County MIddle School)||Mock Trial Competition (Creator & Judge)||2016|
|Mock Trial Competition (Hillsborough County Elementary School)||Mock Trial Competition||2016|
|Mock Trial Competition (Hillsborough County Middle School)||Mock Trial Competition (Creator & Judge)||2015|
|Moot Court Competition (University of Tampa)||Moot Court Competition (Panel Judge)||2014|
|Mock Trial Competition (Hillsborough County Middle/High School)||Mock Trial Competition (Creator & Judge)||2014|
|Legal Redress Workshop (Summer)||Restoration of Civil Rights and Sealing/Expunction||2014|
|Legal Redress Workshop (Fall)||Restoration of Civil Rights and Sealing/Expunction||2014|
|Mock Trial Competition (Hillsborough County Middle/High School)||Mock Trial Competition (Creator & Judge)||2013|
|Great American Teach-in||A Career in the Legal Profession||2013|
|National Association of Human Resource Workers (Tampa Bay Chapter)||The Criminal Justice System from the Perspective of the Human Resource Professional||2012|
|Mock Trial Competition (Hillsborough County Middle/High School||Mock Trial Competition (Creator & Judge)||2012|
|Teen Achiever's Program||Mock Trial Competition (Creator)||2011|
|Mock Trial Competition (Hillsborough County Middle/High School)||Mock Trial Competition (Creator & Judge)||2011|
|Junior Achievement||Program Speaker||2011|
|Mock Trial Competition (Stetson University College of Law)||Mock Trial Competition (Judge)||N/A|
|Numerous Cases 1997-present||Numerous|
Posted by Judith
March 22, 2016
Posted by Renee
December 13, 2017
Posted by John
July 25, 2021
Posted by Jade shallow
March 18, 2021
Posted by A.
January 25, 2021
Posted by b
August 12, 2016
Posted by Rose
March 21, 2016
Posted by Ian J
March 16, 2016
Posted by anonymous
July 31, 2015
Posted by anonymous
February 5, 2015