Based on 6 reviews
Help make it easier for other Avvo users to choose the right lawyer by sharing your experience with this attorney. It's fast, simple, and safe.
Lawyers: Use the Peer Endorsements section to provide input about other attorneys.
Posted by Kato Ramirez, a Family client,
Brenda Storey is an outstanding attorney. She represented me during my court case concerning custody and parenting time. When I first thought about going to court, the idea of choosing a lawyer was overwhelming since I lived in TX and my twins were in Denver, CO. Brenda and her team made me feel at ease and she explained the process to me. I felt comfortable with her and she immediately won me over. I continue to be impressed by how much she cares about children and what is best for them. She has a passion for what she does! I can honestly say Brenda was always there to answer any questions I had concerning my case. She is professional, has integrity and is available when needed. There are not too many attorneys out there that will call you back ASAP but she is one of them! I never worried about being so far away (in TX) because I trusted her completely. Due to her hard work and dedication, we were able to win my custody case. My twin sons now live with me and my family in TX. Choosing Brenda Storey as my attorney was the first step to one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I recommend Brenda Storey; you will not be disappointed!
Posted by a Child Custody client,
Ms. Storey initially represented me several years ago during my divorce, and more recently during post-decree modifications in parenting time and other parenting agreement matters. In between those two periods, I worked with another attorney on a stand-alone child support matter, and yet one other who represented me in the early stages of the post-decree modifications before I turned representation over to Ms. Storey. My experiences with other attorneys have given me the advantage of perspective on Ms. Storey's unique strengths, which are based in her integrity, sharp advocacy, knowledge, professionalism, straightforward communication, strategic foresight, and perhaps most importantly, her care and regard for the children ultimately impacted by these matters. I have a true appreciation for Ms. Storey's ability to stay multiple steps ahead of the process as it pertains to court proceedings and opposing counsel. She's a terrific attorney, and a key resource throughout every part of the process.
Posted by a Child Custody client,
I worked with Ms. Storey on a complicated divorce & child custody case. From the moment I met Ms. Storey I felt I had absolutely made the right choice of attorney. She is very knowledgeable, is able to set realistic expectations (I found that very important throughout the process, that she was upfront with me vs. telling me what I would have liked to hear) and she is very committed to her clients (as is the entire firm of McGuane & Hogan).
Ms. Storey always answered emails and phone calls promptly; and I was kept informed about the process and next steps. Ms. Storey and her team never missed a deadline throughout the process, and would even send me gentle reminders a few days out to make sure all necessary paperwork would be submitted in a timely manner. She is very professional and shows respect to whomever she deals with - we went to court and I was very impressed by her professionalism when interacting with the judge, opposing counsel, my ex spouse and any employees of the court. She is compassionate, but can also be tough when need be.
I am very, very thankful that Ms. Storey was the one to represent me in this case, and I would definitely recommend her to anyone in need of a divorce/child custody attorney.
Posted by David, a Divorce client,
I would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND Ms. Storey to anyone that needs a great divorce attorney. She worked with me on a very difficult divorce. She always kept me informed and was very available to talk with. Brenda is not the typical attorney, she is extremely professional, will not cut corners, follows the law and always is professional. In my case she was up against a slime ball type of attorney that was constantly causing issues and problems, delay tactics and bending the law. Brenda always took the high road and the slime ball got what he deserved. Once again, 2 years after the divorce, she is helping work out new issues from the old slime ball. Still readily available to answer questions and go to bat for me. Great person to work with! I highly recommend her!!
Posted by a Divorce client,
I was referred to Brenda Storey by a friend of mine who is also an attorney. I wanted a lawyer who was capable and professional. I wanted someone who would be kind to me and behave with integrity. (I was surrounded by attorneys as a youngster and later, during my marriage. I am turned off by insensitive, bullying attorneys with big egos.) Now, with that said, I also wanted an attorney who could be be tough, if necessary, and stand her (or his) ground while representing me; I was divorcing an attorney who was capable of being a handful to deal with. My friend described Brenda as kind, warm and one who was unafraid to be tough if the need arose. My friend was absolutely right! I couldn't have been happier with my experience with Brenda.
There are many things I valued when I was working with Brenda. The following are the things I truly appreciated about my experience:
* Brenda gave me a rough estimate of what her services were likely to cost (best and worst case scenarios). We established, at the beginning of our working relationship what range I was comfortable with spending. Although there were a couple unanticipated expenses, Brenda remained sensitive to cost throughout the divorce proceedings and provided her services in a methodical way as they were needed and necessary without compromising quality. My costs remained workable and within her estimated range.
* Brenda was very familiar with the judge who was assigned to my divorce case, had my case ended up in court. She knew what information he would accept and what he would not accept. She also understood the judge's temperment and advised me accordingly. She also made every effort settle out of court and to establish a settlement that was fair. An equitable settlement was what I wanted and exactly what I got.
* I was a bit fragile, emotionally, while I was working with Brenda. She was kind, compassionate, supportive and treated me with respect. She was also respectful toward my ex-husband. And when it was necessary for her to respond more aggressively, she did. Brenda kept me well informed on all negotiations, gave great advice on how to proceed, respected my needs and wishes, and protected my interest.
* Brenda provided highly useful guidance. She was very prepared in regard to my case and she made sure that I was well prepared as well. She offered verbal advise, instructional worksheets, informative videos...everything I needed in order to remain well informed throughout the proceedings.
* Brenda was very accessible while my case was open. Whenever I had questions or concerns, Brenda connected with me in a timely fashion. Very much appreciated.
* Brenda was very helpful after my divorce was final; she was instrumental in communicating with opposing counsel and my ex-husband regarding agreements made throughout the divorce proceedings. Brenda helped me to land with both of my feet on the ground.
* Brenda's staff was also very kind and professional. They were a joy to interact with.
Honestly, I have nothing negative to say about working with Brenda. She delivered 100% and then some. Working with her was the best experience I could have had, given the set of circumstances, and I don't make that statement lightly. Brenda was a true advocate and I have referred friends and acquaintances to her because I knew that the people I have referred would be in good, capable hands. Brenda is a great attorney and, moreover, she is a wonderful person. I am truly happy to know her.
Posted by a Divorce client,
Brenda was very helpful to me in my divorce. My principle concern was my minor child. Brenda’s strategic thinking and execution were critical in achieving a favorable outcome regarding child custody matters. In these matters, Brenda is excellent.