Jay Daniel Brownstein’s Answers

Jay Daniel Brownstein

Tucker Litigation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 6

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Robert G. Rothstein
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. Glen Edward Ashman
    4. Philip Anthony Fabiano
    5. David Ian Schoen
    6. ···
    10 lawyer answers

    I agree with much of the advice previously given, in particular that you should IMMEDIATELY (a) ensure that your daughter gets all necessary medical care that she needs, (b) consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to protect your daughter's legal rights, and (b) obtain representation to fight the traffic citation in court. If you pay the fine or otherwise are found guilty, your daughter's recovery (no matter how serious or prolonged the close-head injury turns out to be) will be...

    6 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. We need an attorney that will work on a contingency on a toxic /environmental case in Georgia.

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Fareesh S. Sarangi
    2. Scott Benjamin Riddle
    3. David B Pittman
    4. Daniel Nelson Deasy
    5. Jay Daniel Brownstein
    6. ···
    11 lawyer answers

    Several fine GA attorneys have volunteered to discuss your case with you. If you need another, please feel free to contact me at (678) 921-0143 or by email at jdb@bnllawga.com. You will need to have one more inspections and testing done to confirm the presence of toxic substances in the home. I wish you the best of luck.

    6 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Were and how can I find a lawyer that will take over a neglect case?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Jay Daniel Brownstein
    2. Hillary Leigh Burns
    3. Brian S Wayson
    3 lawyer answers

    Its not clear what you mean by "neglect," and I must say that your sense of the value of the case seems completely unrealistic. However, a qualified Georgia personal injury attorney will be able to review the matter and quickly arrive at a conclusion as to whether the case has merit. The best thing to do is to search for an attorney near you, and provide him or her with a copy of the complaint. Good luck.

    5 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. Slipped&Fell-Cement Walk SCHOOL Property.A/C Water Drain DIRECTED Water ACROSS walk Mud&Pollen Settled Causing Slippery Mess!

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Jay Daniel Brownstein
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. Aaron P. Marks
    4. Christopher Andrew Gaj
    5. Jesse Cole Kent
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    You should immediately consult with a qualified personal injury attorney who can evaluate and act upon your case. The consultation is free, and in many cases can be done by telephone (we do). Several things about your post concern me. First and foremost is the statute of limitations, which you indicate runs at the end of March. From your statement, I presume you are aware that the general statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Georgia is 2 years, which means that your injury...

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  5. Can i sue the school district for negligence or liabilities ,My daughter injured her ankle when picnic table top fell on it

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Jay Daniel Brownstein
    2. David Alan Wolf
    3. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    4. Sheldon S Saints
    4 lawyer answers

    Unfortunately I have to agree with the prior posts. You have an uphill battle. Based on your description and without either significant expenses or a permanent injury, it will be difficult for you to find an attorney to handle this on a contingency basis (fee only upon recovery). Immunity issues will bar most claims against the school district. Also it sounds like you will have to prove that your daughter was injured at school (given their denial). It is possible that the school district has a...

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  6. I own 51% of an s-corp. I want to dissolve it and exit the partnership. Can my business partner go after my personal assets?

    Answered 4 months ago.

    1. Anita Diane Baker
    2. Jay Daniel Brownstein
    3. Sarah Elizabeth Martello
    4. Jeffrey L. Cohen
    5. Stanley Y Doida
    5 lawyer answers

    I agree with the post below. You should consult with a qualified business dispute attorney who can review your documents, advise you of your legal rights, and discuss your options in this scenario. Hopefully, there are documents in place that provide a buy-out mechanism and formula. If not, things will become more complicated. Either way, there is tremendous value in seeking experienced legal advice. Usually, most of your questions can be answered in a 1 hour consultation which can be in person...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  7. What is the statue of limitations for contribution?

    Answered 10 months ago.

    1. Jay Daniel Brownstein
    2. Shelley Ann Elder
    3. Loriann C Miller
    3 lawyer answers

    If this is an important matter to you, meaning that it involves a significant amount of money, you should discuss this with a qualified business litigation attorney in your area. Your question involves many potential issues that should be fleshed out with legal counsel. For example, is there a written agreement for indemnity or contribution? What are the circumstances of the investment? Were you an active investor who made decisions and participated in the management of the building? Or did you...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  8. My father was part of a class action asbestoses law suit. He passed in 2005. Do I need an estate account?

    Answered 12 months ago.

    1. Jay Daniel Brownstein
    2. Darrell Brinnett Reynolds Sr.
    2 lawyer answers

    The facts of your post suggest that you may not have taken appropriate steps concerning the probate of your dad's estate, including seeking an order closing the same. Whether you will be required to pay estate taxes depends on the total value of your father's estate at the time of his death. The valuation of future payments could be somewhat complicated. You should consult with a qualified probate or estate attorney very soon. You can find one in your area by searching on AVVO, or by doing a...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  9. Can I reopen or restart a business after partnership ends or one wants to close the business.

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Glenn M. Lyon
    2. Jeremy Scott Hyndman
    3. Ashley Anne Digiulio
    4. Jay Daniel Brownstein
    4 lawyer answers

    You should promptly seek competent legal advice from a Georgia business attorney who is well-versed in business breakup issues such as this, and who understands how these issues can play out in court. Because you don't have a written partnership agreement, many of these issues can be tricky. As there are business debts that you may be held personally liable for, paying for qualified legal advice would be a wise investment at this point. Good luck.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  10. Can I file a lawsuit against biomet I had a knee replacement in 2012 and still have a problem with it

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Jesse Cole Kent
    2. David Ian Schoen
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. Jay Daniel Brownstein
    5. Scott Benjamin Riddle
    5 lawyer answers

    The answer to your question is...it depends. First, it needs to be determined exactly what type of Biomet device was used, whether there is a history of problems with the device, or any recalls. Even if there are known issues with the device, whether you have a potential defective product claim will depend on numerous factors including known complications, co-morbidities and contributing causes to the failure. The failure could also be the result of surgical complications or potential...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer