Not yet reviewed
· Counsel employers regarding complex legal human resource issues, including disability accommodations, leaves of absence, wage and hour, employee discipline, hiring criteria, employment handbooks and agreements, electronic/computer policies, vicarious liability, covenants not-to-compete, workplace investigations and terminations. Provide recommendations to clients on workplace issues in both crisis and noncrisis situations.
· Evaluate, analyze, and litigate claims in federal and state courts involving the ADA, OFLA/FMLA, Title VII, and other employment laws, and administrative charges filed with the Bureau of Labor and Industries and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
· Prepare and closely adhere to litigation budgets and strategic plans for efficient resolution.
· Creatively and actively negotiate settlements and solutions to disputes.
· Conduct complex investigations and intensive document discovery (electronic and hard copy).
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Rising Stars||Super Lawyers||2010|
|Rising Stars||Super Lawyers||2009|
|Attorney||Williams Kastner||2004 - Present|
|Attorney||Greenebaum Doll & McDonald PLLC||2001 - 2003|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Oregon State Bar||Member||N/A|
|Kentucky Bar Association||Member||N/A|
|Defense Research Institute||Member||N/A|
|Oregon Womens Lawyers||Member||N/A|
|Portland Business Journal||New Law Drastically Alters Noncompete Requirements||2007|
|Defense Research Institute||More Than Just a Word||2006|
|Portland Business Journal||Good Records Can Minimize Claims||2005|
|Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||2001|
|University of Dayton||N/A||BS - Bachelor of Science||1998|
|Northwest Career Colleges Federation Annual Meeting||Minimizing Employee Lawsuits||2008|
|Williams Kastner HR Breakfast Seminar||Unsavory Employee Conduct: What's an Employer to do?||2007|
|Williams Kastner HR Breakfast Seminar||Wage and Hour Class Actions: You're in the Bull's Eye||2007|
|FMLA/ADA Seminar||Employer Responsibilities under USERRA||2007|
|Williams Kastner Employment Law Seminar||Navigating the Minefield: An Employer’s Step by Step Approach to Complying with Disability, Medical Leave, and Workers’ Compensation Laws||2005|