Skip to main content

Michael Joseph Peters

General practice Attorney at Cheyenne, WY

5.0   1 review

also known as Michael J. Peters, Mike Peters

  • State Years
    Oklahoma - OK 5 years
    Nebraska - NE 8 years
    Wyoming - WY 11 years
    Colorado - CO 12 years
  • Licensed for 5 years
    State OK
    Acquired 2018
    Status
    Authorized to Practice Law No misconduct found
  • Licensed for 8 years
    State NE
    Acquired 2016
    Status
    Active No misconduct found
  • Licensed for 11 years
    State WY
    Acquired 2012
    Status
    Active No misconduct found
  • Licensed for 12 years
    State CO
    Acquired 2011
    Status
    Active No misconduct found

We have not found any instances of professional misconduct for this lawyer.

Location

Pence and MacMillan LLC
1720 Carey Ave.
Suite 600
Cheyenne, WY, 82001

Reviews

5.0 / 5.0
  1 customer review
5 Star
 
100%
4 Star
 
0%
3 Star
 
0%
2 Star
 
0%
1 Star
 
0%
Posted by Frank | April 30, 2019
This review is from a person who hired this attorney.
| Hired Attorney
No Brag, just Fact
Review of Pence & MacMillan In a Landlord-Tenant dispute it is difficult to find a law firm interested in taking the case of the Tenant. In the fall of 2018 I was faced with such a situation and made contact with 8 or 10 attorneys before finding Pence and MacMillan from Laramie who had recently opened an office in Cheyenne. When the property which I had leased for 13 years was placed under a land contract, the prospective owners attempted to negate my lease and make unreasonable demands upon me. My preliminary legal research convince me I was in the right and had a 90% chance of successfully handling the matter my own self. Not willing to entertain even a 10% chance of failure and eviction I hired Pence and MacMillan to represent me. I was favorably impressed with the young attorney assigned to me, Michael Peters and gratefully accepted the help of senior partner in the firm, Mr. Greg Weisz. Throughout the process of court representation, negotiation with the opposing party's representation and resolution of the matter; I was kept informed and consulted in a most professional and competent manner. The case was settled in my favor prior to the final court proceeding and I could not be more satisfied with the efforts of Mr. Peters and Mr. Weisz. I would not hesitate to recommend Pence and MacMillan to anyone seeking competent legal representation in the Cheyenne area. Their fees were reasonable and more than fair. Whatever I spent on representation saved me triple had I lost my case. Frank Smith Cheyenne, Wyoming April 30, 2019
Read less

Cost

We have not found any cost information for this lawyer

Contact for Details

Resume

AVVO RATING 6.4 (Good)

Work Experience

  • Attorney at Law
  • Pence and Macmillan, LLC
  • 2019 - Present
  • Managing Attorney
  • Professional Finance Company, Inc
  • 2011 - 2019

Education

  • University of Dayton School of Law
  • JD - Juris Doctor
  • 2011
  • University of Cincinnati
  • B.A. Economics
  • 2008

Attorney endorsements

Received (1)
Given (2)
Endorse Michael
Litigation Attorney | Jan 31
Relationship: Fellow lawyer in community
"Michael an excellent attorney with a problem-solving approach that I appreciate. Michael and I were trial partners and I know how hard he works for his clients and how well he prepares himself for the courtroom. His work ethic, moral compass, and skills as a litigator combine to make him someone I whole-heartily endorse."

Avvo Contributions

This attorney hasn't created any legal answers in Q&A or legal guides recently on Avvo.

Cheyenne General practice Lawyer Michael Joseph Peters
Michael Joseph Peters
General practice Attorney
Cheyenne, WY
Licensed for 12 years