The Mission of DisAbility Advocates, the Law Firm of Karen Dalglish Seal, is to promote the independence, the education and the successful integration of individuals with disabilities into society. Our goal is to assist parents in advocating for their children with special needs so that their children can receive the education they need to function as effectively as possible in society. As part of that mission and as an expanded goal, this office assists young people in legal matters including IEP meetings (ARDC meetings), due process hearings, suspensions, expulsions and court procedures.
1. Working with students with disabilities and their families to assure that these students receive all of the educational services to which these children are entitled under State and Federal Laws.
2. Consulting with families who have children with disabilities to assist the families with making life decisions that will ensure that their children can live as independently as possible and as productively as they are able.
3. Speaking with organizations who would like to learn more about their rights as individuals with disabilities, the rights of family members with disabilities, the rights of their clients or rights of students with disabilities.
4. Assisting young defendants who find themselves involved in the juvenile legal system.
5. Providing legal services to those individuals with disabilities who require an advocate who understands their Abilities.
6. Educating the public, the courts and the schools about the rights of individuals with disabilities.
Languages spoken: American Sign Language
Cash, Check, Credit card
Are you an attorney? Endorse this lawyer
Karen Dalglish Seal was my opposing counsel on one rather complicated family law matter. She always represented her client aggressively and with a high degree of knowledge and competence. Karen is a very reputable and experienced attorney with the highest level of ethics and professionalism. I am proud, therefore, to endorse Karen Dalglish Seal without any hesitation.
Marc Pederson Divorce and separation Attorney
Relationship: Opposing Counsel on matter
|TX||Eligible To Practice In Texas||2000||09/22/2016|
|Attorney||Law Office of Karen Dalglish Seal||2000 - 2015|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|San Antonio Bar Association||N/A||2001 - Present|
|St. Mary's University||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||2000|