Receive a text message from Avvo with this lawyer's phone number and link to their profile for easier access from your mobile device.
|OK||Authorized to practice law||1984||01/04/2013|
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Hicks Epton Law Day Award||Oklahoma Bar Association||1990|
|Outstanding Service Award||Oklahoma Bar Association||1990|
|Managing Partner||Kermit M Milburn PLLC||2008 - Present|
|Adjunct Professor||Seminole State College||1997 - 1998|
|Professor||Seminole State College||1997 - 1998|
|Partner||Henson Marshall & Milburn||1987 - 2008|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Certified Financial Planner||N/A||2009 - Present|
|Certified Commercial Investment Member||Member||2008 - Present|
|Oklahoma Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division||Former Board of Directors||1990 - 1991|
|Rodgers v Twedt, Ok Ct Civ App No. 104,189||Affirmed|
|See all legal cases|
|The Journal Record||Avoid A Bear Trap||2015|
|Edmond Sun||12 Things You Must Know to Successfully Buy Tax Deed Properties||2015|
|University of Oklahoma College of Law||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1984|
|Oklahoma State University||Finance||BS - Bachelor of Science||1981|
|Wings A Special Needs Community||Special Needs Trusts||2012|
|Civic Club||Wills and Trusts||2000|
Posted by anonymous
THIS REVIEW regards Mr. Kenneth Massey of the "MILBURN AND MASSEY" (as stated on their website) law firm.
I called this attorney (Mr. Kenneth Massey of "Milburn and Massey"; Mr. Milburn is now deceased) and had a brief conversation with Mr. Massey.
1. I looked up "landlord/tenant" lawyers in Oklahoma on Avvo, and it pulled up Mr. Milburn with a "10 Avvo rating", which this law firm clearly states on their website (for probate/real estate).
I am a tenant that was illegally evicted. But, when I called I was told Mr. Milburn was now deceased, and thus, spoke to the other attorney Mr. Massey. Of course, I offered my condolences regarding the death of Mr. Milburn.
2. This is my second experience with an attorney listed on Avvo. My first experience with Avvo was excellent (which I also gladly reviewed on Avvo), so I assumed I would get a similar positive experience. I was sadly mistaken.
3. Mr. Massey was initially polite, and said he would look over the eviction proceeding that is posted online, at the Oklahoma Supreme Court Network website (OSCN.NET). We set up a phone appointment for the following week.
4. I timely called in for my phone appointment, but was told Mr. Massey was on the phone. I was told he would call me back. He never called back. So I called back three times that day, and was told he was on the phone each time and that he would call me. I never ever got a call back that day or ever from Mr. Massey or anyone.
5. It is a common complaint that attorneys don't return phone calls. It is also a common complaint that attorneys are many times belittling, fake, condescending, patronizing, don't respect your intelligence, etc. All of this applies to Mr. Massey and he talked so "politely" while doing so. Also see the reviews for this law office on other sites such as google. REMEMBER to ask yourself: Does the attorney's words, match their actions?; If they don't match, RUN.
6. I always give people several chances, as one should, just as I did with Mr. Massey. I called later in the week after never hearing from Mr. Massey or his office. Mr. Massey said he was with another appointment for an hour and then left the office for the rest of the day. His secretary told me he was in the office but on the phone, as I had called over a span of 4 hours. And, this still does not explain why he never called me back.
7. Mr. Massey then starts to tell me very broadly and generally, that there are "too many issues with my case" but, "that I have some good issues". I tell Mr. Massey I have an excellent case, but that I am not interested in him whatsoever, as he missed our appointment and never called me back. If this happens to you, it is a bad sign and you will certainly have problems going forward.
I suspect this firm usually helps rich landlords, as tenants usually cannot afford an attorney.
8. If you google the Milburn and Massey law firm, in Shawnee, Oklahoma (10/11/2016) it says "permanently closed" under the picture of the law firm. I asked the secretary about this and she did not have an answer for me, except she said they are open.
I am a former law student, and I am ashamed of it and am embarrassed by it, as I detest the way many attorneys treat people and how the system operates many times. LEGAL REFORM is highly needed, and there needs to be A LOT more oversight over attorneys, and not just the minimal oversight that is supposedly done by the bar association (aka: "good 'ol boy network").
TIPs for ATTORNEYS: Be honest and sincere, be respectful of others & their intelligence, give detailed and correct information, don't pretend to know something when you do not, don't assume the negative, return phone calls & emails and do so in a timely manner, don't be arrogant [it's a sin] (you are not better than others), and be humble.
In other words, do your job.
Posted by Robbin
Kermit Milburn has represented my family in legal matters for approximately 10 years. He has handled our will and family trust. He has also negotiated employment agreements for me. In all of my dealings with Kermit I have found him to be fair and a person of integrity. Kermit brings a wealth of business experience to his legal practice and has represented my family very well when dealing with other parties. Some attorneys I have worked with in the past have an abrupt manner when dealing with their clients and opposing counsel. Kermit does not - he has demonstrated the ability to be pleasant with all parties while vigorously advocating our best interests. Kermit has significant experience in real estate, wills, trusts, banking, financial instruments, business litigation, and civil litigation. This experience has enabled Kermit to provide my family excellent legal and business advice. I would highly recommend Kermit and his firm to anyone looking for a solid business attorney who will provide excellent legal advice and vigorously advocate their interests.
Posted by Donna
Mr. Milburn has been very helpful in helping me resolve conflicts in real estate. He is thoughtful and keeps my interest foremost. His office help has also been nice to work with. He has given me helpful advise in financial planning as well. I would recommend him to others because of his compassionate nature.
Cash, Check, Credit card