|MI||Active And In Good Standing||1983||05/14/2017|
Posted by Stephen
After talking with other lawyers about my case, I decided for several reasons to go with
1. He is a family man, he impressed me with he and his wife working as a team running the firm. His children are all respectfully Successful and two so far on their way to being lawyers themselves.
2. I never waited, he was always there to answer my calls and honestly I felt he was a friend. Was he the nicest person I had ever met? - No ...however I wasn't looking for nice I was looking for someone who could win my case and help me.
3. When I searched other lawyers, I would talk to friends look at social media and search the internet. I found on this site specifically that he didn't always have postive reviews. So you pick someone that doesn't get always postive reviews ?? Yes! If they are not talking about you, your not doing anything right my father always said. If I went to this site and others and everyone just went on and on about how wonderful a lawyer was, I would just pass and look at the next. A boss, leader, athlete all get bad wraps for doing good things, so yes I chose Gene for that reason.
4. Dianne. She is not just a wife rather a partner and key figure to the business. When I called and needed something, even the smallest thing she was there ready to answer. Never told
Me everything I wanted to hear, but did tell me what I needed to hear to get my case solved.
5. Finally, cost Gene is not the cheapest lawyer and certainly not the most expensive either. Never do anything cheap if you are good at it, and you always will get what you paid for if you solely based on price. Gene was willing too keep my retainer respectable and manageable, and always kept me in the cost loop with Diane if things were adding up.
I never asked a surgeon as I was being rushed in to the OR right before surgery was he a nice guy? And were his prices the best ? No just get the job done and keep me alive that was my only request. Well Gene is not a surgeon, but I am alive and he was able to get the job done.
Thank you Gene!!
Posted by anonymous
Gene Ferguson was an absolute nightmare to work with. Initially I was excited that as a young single parent, I'd be able to make payments to him. His wife works in his office and she was always, always pleasant and helpful. I hired Gene to represent me in a Divorce Case against my sperm donor who never paid support or tried to see "our" daughter. That was before I reviewed his website and saw his "Downriver Dads" segment. Gene was constantly telling me that my requests weren't "typical" and I never felt like he had my back at all. I of course was granted everything I wanted, not because Gene was a great lawyer, but because it was TYPICAL for my circumstance and the judge saw that.
When they sent over my paperwork before court, there were so many typos and errors that I didn't even know where to start or what to say. A majority of them were never corrected. I told him that my ex didn't work for the employer listed and he told me to just lie on stand because he wasn't changing it now. On the day of our hearing I wanted to ask about altering something and he literally threw a temper tantrum and was yelling and throwing his papers down at me, saying that he'd spent enough time on this case and had other things to do. Mind you, he scheduled two hearings at the same time and was constantly coming in and out of each, leaving me alone on one of the hardest days of my life, when I thought an attorney was supposed to assist you with. He didn't give me any comfort or security during the process. I didn't feel represented AT ALL and I don't think aside from filing that he really did anything for my case. It was all point blank and obvious that I should be awarded everything I was in regards to my daughter, which was my only concern.
I cannot say enough horrible things about my experience with him. I believe his wife is probably the only reason he's still in practice. She was constantly apologizing for his actions and was the only one to provide me any sort of comfort.
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT hire Gene Ferguson! I know that everyone has a bad experience, but my time with him was so horrible, it's almost unbelievable when I re-tell the stories!
Posted by anonymous
Mr. Ferguson stood along side me for over two years while fighting in custody court. My case was anything but ordinary and over the course of time became very complicated. Mr. Ferguson never missed a beat. He stayed on top of everything and proved my case without any doubt.
Contacting Mr. Ferguson was easy and made my fight much less frustrating. He will answer your calls day or night.
He also never hassled me for payment. I don't make much money and over two years my bills piled up fast. I've made small payments each month and it was never an issue.
Thanks to Mr. Fergusons services I have full custody of my son. I owe him much more then I could ever repay.
I'm thankful for his professional skills and friendship.
Endorsements from fellow lawyers are an important consideration for many when selecting the right attorney. Be the first to endorse your colleague!
Claiming your profile is free and easy.
Highlight your practice areas, experience, and contact information.
Showcase your speaking engagements, awards, case histories, and more.