Gary F. Allen, Attorney-at-Law in Northville, has been a licensed Michigan Attorney for 40 years. Gary graduated from the University of Michigan School of Business in 1968 and the University of Law School in 1971. His practice is focused on Estate Planning, Retirement Planning and Elder Law. He is a member of the Probate and Estates Section and the Elder Law Section of the Michigan Bar Association. Protect your assets.
I have also reorganized and expanded both my resources and my scope under the business name of Retirement Protection Strategies LLC. Our mission is to help you create and protect the retirement you have dreamed of. We work with you to solve some of the problems inherent in most retirement plans, such as:
· Having a portion of your retirement savings protected from stock market losses.
· Converting your at-risk accounts into a guaranteed lifetime income for you and your spouse.
· Potentially reducing income taxes through tax efficiencies. Changing taxable income to tax deferred or tax free incomes. Sometimes, increasing taxes to pay taxes deliberately where your tax bracket is low.
· Leveraging your Required Minimum Distributions that you don’t need for spending into tax free income for your children.
· Reducing the taxes on your IRA when it is inherited by your children. Stretching the IRA over their lifetime.
· Utilizing wills, trusts and ladybird deeds to possibly avoid the cost and delays of probate.
· Reducing the impact of the Federal Estate Tax. This is particularly important with the Federal Estate tax exemption scheduled to become only $1M on Jan. 1, 2013.
· Reducing the impact of gift taxes by utilizing gifts as a strategy to reduce an estate and estate taxes/
· Protecting your nest egg from the cost of long term care. Strategies include both proactive and emergency Medicaid planning, VA pensions, and LTC insurance
· Providing for the future income of your children and grandchildren who have special needs and should not receive an inheritance as a lump sum.
· Providing for the help you need in the future with medical and financial powers of attorney. In emergency situations, petitioning the court for the appointment of conservators or guardians.
Joining the team to help you is George Wells, a Registered Investment Advisor. George is the President of his own company, Legacy of America, and I have retained him to work exclusively with my clients in this area. When you meet George, you will probably recognize him from his appearances on Channels 2, 4, 7 and Fox News as a financial and retirement expert. He also has been published in the Wall Street Journal. George can review your current retirement plan and may help you to understand how it is or is not aligned with your objectives.
Are you an attorney? Endorse this lawyer
I endorse this lawyer. Attorney Allen and I practice in the same areas of law and our offices are just a few miles apart. Gary has an outstanding reputation in the metro Detroit legal community. He and I participate in some of the same professional listserves and I have learned a great deal about the law and how to be a better attorney from this gentleman. There are many Michigan lawyers that can say the same thing. I have the utmost respect for Attorney Allen and if he had the time to be more active on Avvo, his rating would be 10.0 in a very short period of time. I am privileged to be able to endorse Gary and his services. He is the lawyer that I want to be like, when I grow up. James Frederick
James Frederick Probate Attorney
Relationship: Fellow lawyer in community
|MI||Active And In Good Standing||1971||05/14/2016|
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|10 Outstanding Young Men of Michigan||Michigan Jaycees||1975|
|Attorney||Gary F. Allen Attorney at Law||1971 - Present|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|State Bar of Michigan||N/A||1971 - Present|
|University of Michigan Law School||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1971|
|Northville Legal and Financial Seminars||Estate Planning||2013|
|Northville Legal and Financial Seminar Series||Taxes||2013|
|Northville Legal and Financial Seminar Series||Retirement Accounts (IRAs, 401k, 403b, etc.)||2013|
|Northville Legal and Financial Seminar Series||Outliving your Assets||2013|
|Northville Legal and Financial Seminar Series||Social Security||2013|