We have not found any instances of professional misconduct for this lawyer.
Tom Shumate created Meridian Law, PLLC, in response to our changing times and client needs. Meridian Law’s business model is built around providing superior service and sound legal advice at a fair cost to individuals and businesses across Tennessee. Service areas include business, contract, and employment litigation; disputes involving non-competition agreements and theft of trade secrets; insurance defense; personal injury and wrongful death actions; and probate cases.
Tom graduated with honors from Vanderbilt University in 1995 and from Notre Dame Law School in 1998. He returned to and has been practicing law in his hometown of Nashville, TN since.
Tom is actively involved in the Nashville community and various Bar organizations and has been recognized for his contributions to both:
• In 2011 and 2013, he was selected as a “Rising Star” by the Mid-South edition of Super Lawyers Magazine.
• Perfect 10 rating from Avvo (www.avvo.com).
• Past member of the Editorial Board of Law Practice Today webzine and current member of the Editorial Board of Law Practice magazine, monthly publications of the Law Practice Section of the American Bar Association.
• Two-time past Chair of the Law Office Technology and Management Section of the Tennessee Bar Association.
• Lectures to attorneys across the state and writes on issues related to covenants not to compete, legal ethics, legal marketing, and technology.
• Served on the Board of Directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee for many years and has raised more than $140, for the agency over the past ten years through the annual “Lawyers for Littles” Bowl for Kids’ Sake event he co-founded.
• Past-Chair of the Father Ryan Alumni Board and the School Board of Christ the King School.
When not resolving his clients' matters as efficiently as possible, Tom enjoys spending time with his wife and children, reading, running, and supporting Vanderbilt and Notre Dame athletics.