|Florida - FL||5 years|
|Texas - TX||13 years|
We have not found any instances of professional misconduct for this lawyer.
Joshua Coffman has been practicing law for more than 15 years, 13 of which have been dedicated exclusively to providing legal advocacy and counsel to individuals facing divorce and child custody proceedings. Today, Joshua’s practice focuses on handling divorce and paternity cases in Central Florida for professionals, business owners, and their spouses.
Joshua is an experienced litigator and trial attorney. In 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, Joshua was selected as a Super Lawyer Rising Star by Thomas Reuters, an honor bestowed upon less than 2.5% of attorneys under the age of 40. In 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023, Joshua was recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer by the same organization, an honor only 5% of attorneys in Florida receive.
Joshua is also a member of the elite Central Florida Family Law Inn of Court, a group of local attorneys, judges, magistrates, and other divorce and custody professionals working together to improve the practice of family law in and around Orlando, Florida.
To his clients, Joshua is a problem-solver and a peacemaker. He is a good listener, extraordinarily perceptive into the psychological dynamics at play in a divorce and/or child custody case, and he is the consummate teacher who always seeks to help his clients understand the law and how it applies to their particular case, both from a substantive and procedural standpoint.
Other distinctions include the following:
- Joshua has conducted several jury trials in complex paternity cases.
- Joshua has handled a number of family law appeals, including pushing a novel legal theory on behalf of a Former Husband who had let a life insurance policy he was required to maintain lapse resulting in a favorable settlement for his client.
- Joshua represented a former NFL player in a highly contentious divorce case wherein his client went from having no time-sharing with his kids to an almost 50/50 split with the other parent.
- Licensed in Florida and Texas, and recognized by Thomas Reuters in both jurisdictions, Joshua has represented several clients in inter-jurisdictional cases (“cases involving two jurisdictions”).
- Joshua once “escaped” from Alcatraz. Yes, you read that right. We are unsure of how this distinguishes him as a lawyer, but he enjoys talking about the time he and his father swam in the frigid waters of San Francisco Bay from Alcatraz to Aquatic Park. Believe it or not, it CAN be done!
Joshua grew up in Orlando, Florida. He loves spending time with his family, trying new local restaurants, squeezing in a swim, bike or run workout, and reading biographies and other historical works.
Super Lawyers: 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
Super Lawyers, Rising Star: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017