The depth of our knowledge, business experience, and capabilities enables us to achieve extraordinary results for our clients in a variety of situations, whether counseling individuals or corporations during federal and state tax audits, pursuing administrative appeals of audit results, litigating tax matters at the tax court or appellate court level or drafting corporate and LLC agreements. Clients hire us because of our extensive experience in all areas of tax and business matters and especially because of our ability to challenge audit results by appeal or litigation.
Why Stuart B. Ratner, P.C.
• Four attorneys focused on all types of U.S. federal, state, local and international tax law matters and business matters of every conceivable type and nature.
• Since the firm’s inception 25 years ago we have handled hundreds of business transactions.
• Since the firm’s inception 25 years ago we have favorably resolved $50,000,000+ in tax controversy matters.
• Since the firm’s inception 25 years ago we have filed or defended 100+ court cases.
• Since the firm’s inception 25 years ago we have obtained tax refunds in excess of $25,000,000 for our clients, often in matters in which the client initially owed tax.
• Stuart B. Ratner is not only a practicing tax attorney, but he is also a CPA.
Once we favorably resolve our client’s complex tax issues, the client typically continues to utilize our Firm’s services for all types of corporate and business matters. Since it is impossible to successfully resolve our client’s tax matters without a thorough understanding of advanced corporate and LLC matters, our attorneys are trained in understanding, drafting and interpreting all types of business documents and business strategies. We advise clients on dozens of transactions annually and provide tax and business advice, including drafting all applicable legal documents, in matters as diverse as:
• State and Federal tax collection matters (Where the Government seeks tax from you);
• Sensitive (eggshell) audits;
• Federal and State Criminal tax matters (we often persuade the agents to drop the case);
• Employment tax matters; trust fund recovery penalty matters;
• Divorce and domestic relations tax planning matters;
• Income tax planning for real estate investors and high net worth individuals;
• IRS and State tax appeals and tax court litigation;
• State and local tax matters including sales tax, income and corporate tax issues;
• Estate tax planning; insurance trusts; irrevocable trusts; wills; revocable “living” trusts;
• Gift and gift tax planning; estate and gift tax valuation disputes;
• Strategies to control transferred wealth, protect assets and reduce gift and estate taxes;
• Family Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies;
• Probate and probate litigation;
• Charitable planning strategies including creating charitable section 501(c)(3) organizations;
• Asset protection planning;
• Like kind exchanges; deferred sales;
• Acquisition and disposition of businesses and business interests;
• Business split-ups and partner/shareholder disputes;
• Entity formation; operating agreements and shareholder agreements
• Foreign tax matters; complex offshore tax issues and non-compliance asset disclosures; FATCA and FBAR issues;
• Domestic and offshore voluntary disclosures;
• Abatement of unreported income, civil fraud, accuracy, and other tax penalties;
• Cannabis and Bitcoin matters;
• And many more tax and business issues too numerous to list.
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated||Martindale-Hubbell||2021|
|Super Lawyer||Connecticut Super Lawyers||2020|
|AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated||Martindale-Hubbell®||2019|
|AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated||Martindale-Hubbell®||2018|
|AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated||Martindale-Hubbell®||2017|
|AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated||Martindale-Hubbell®||2016|
|Corporate Book Award||Law school||1981|
|Magna Cum Laude||Law School||1981|
|Tax Award||Arthur Andersen||1981|
|Shareholder||Stuart B. Ratner, PC||1994 - Present|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Connecticut Society of CPA's||Member||1987 - Present|
|Connecticut Bar Association||Member||1981 - Present|
|American Bar Association||Member||1981 - Present|
|American Institute of Certified Public Accountants||Member||1980 - Present|
|New York University||LL.M - Master of Laws||1982|
|Syracuse University College of Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1981|
|University of Connecticut||BA - Bachelor of Arts||1978|
|The Accountants Role in Bankruptcy; Selected Bankruptcy Tax Issues||Tax matters||1993|
|NewRadio 88 (New York City)||Tax and Business Matters||1992|
Posted by anonymous
September 18, 2016
Posted by anonymous
August 16, 2016
Endorsements from fellow lawyers are an important consideration for many when selecting the right attorney. Be the first to endorse your colleague!
Check, Credit Card