Eric is a partner at Bennett & Belfort, P.C. He received his undergraduate degree from Boston College and his law degree at Suffolk University Law School. Eric is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, the United States District Court for Massachusetts, and the United States Federal Court of Claims. He is also a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and Boston Bar Association.
Eric is a litigator whose practice is diverse and wide ranging. He concentrates his practice in the areas of employment law, commercial/business law, and construction. His cases have involved: stockholder and partnership disputes; employment claims such as violations of covenants not to compete, discrimination, and wrongful discharge claims; wage and hour controversies; class action litigation; disputes arising from commercial and residential real estate transactions; will, trust, and estate-related disputes; insurance disputes; and, claims arising from construction projects and contracts.
Prior to joining Bennett & Belfort, P.C., Eric practiced at two large, long-established Boston law firms. His diverse experience regularly representing both plaintiffs and defendants gives him a unique perspective to litigating cases, and allows him to evaluate and litigate cases as efficiently as possible.
From 2012 to the present, Eric has annually been named a SuperLawyer Rising Star in the area of business litigation, an honor awarded to only 2.5% of practicing attorneys under the age of 40 who have been practicing for 10 years or less. In addition, in 2015, Eric was named a 2015 Rising Star by the NationalLawJournal. The NationalLawJournal annually selects Boston Rising Stars which is a list of 40 outstanding lawyers in the Boston area, age 40 or younger.
In addition to his litigation work, Eric is the co-author of: "Federal Rules of Evidence Which Figure Prominently in Civil Litigation", a chapter in MCLE Federal Civil Litigation in the First Circuit. (2008 rev.) and The Cycle of America's Privacy Intrusion: The USA Patriot Act Continues a Historical Trend, The Joan Fullman Irick Privacy Project, Phase III (International Association of Defense Counsel, 2007).
Eric lives on the north shore with his wife and daughter, and remains a proud graduate of St. John’s Preparatory School.
* Acted as lead trial counsel in numerous trials, both jury trials and bench trials.
* Lead trial counsel on the successful defense of a piece of class action litigation against a major pizza delivery chain and its local franchisee for violations of the Massachusetts TIPS act and minimum wage violations.
* Lead trial counsel on the successful derivative claim made by one 50% shareholder against his fellow 50% shareholder, for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud relating to the misappropriation of corporate assets.
* Defeated summary judgment in a federal disparate treatment/disparate impact age discrimination matter.
* Successfully litigated and obtained a myriad of highly successful settlements in cases involving wage and hour issues, age discrimination claims, race discrimination claims and sexual harassment allegations.
* Successfully represented a local construction company at a jury trial, obtaining a successful breach of contract verdict and a full damages award on behalf of his client.
* Represented construction products specialty chemical company in cost recovery and wrongful death lawsuits arising from ceiling collapse in I-90 Connector Tunnel on Big Dig project in Boston.
* Litigated and ultimately negotiated highly favorable settlement on behalf of small environmental engineering firm sued under a theory of “alter ego” liability for damages exceeding $1 million.
* Acting as co-counsel, successfully obtained summary judgment as to all claims (including direct and derivative claims) on behalf of a Fortune 500 company sued as a result of an alleged construction site defect.
* Represented Canadian scaffolding manufacturer in a personal injury suit with numerous parties, and assisted in negotiating a highly favorable, global settlement.
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Rising Star||Super Lawyers||2015|
|Rising Star||National Law Journal||2015|
|Rising Star||Super Lawyers||2014|
|Rising Star||Super Lawyers||2013|
|Rising Star||Super Lawyers||2012|
|Partner||Bennett & Belfort, PC||2011 - Present|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|USA500 Clubs||Group Leader/Facilitator||2014 - Present|
|Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE)||Federal Rules of Evidence Which Figure Prominently in Civil Litigation||2009|
|The Joan Fullman Irick Privacy Project, Phase III (International Association of Defense Counsel||The Cycle of America's Privacy Intrusion: The USA Patriot Act Continues a Historical Trend||2007|
|Suffolk University Law School||JD - Juris Doctor||2006|
|Legal Lunch Series||Practicing in the Business Litigation Session||N/A|
|Seifaee v. AREVA|
Posted by anonymous
Tue Mar 08 2016
Posted by Jourden
Sun Mar 06 2016
Posted by Henry
Sat Mar 05 2016