Not yet reviewed
• Business and government lawyer with a primary focus on the energy and insurance industries in New England.
• Energy experience includes contracts for electricity, natural gas, water, and emission credits; acquisition, ownership and permitting of nuclear, fossil, hydro, wind and photovoltaic generation; NEPOOL and ISO New England matters; state and federal regulatory proceedings; trials and appeals, utility bankruptcy and arbitration.
• Insurance agency purchase and sale transactions; organization and licensing; non-competition and employee contracts, perpetuation agreements, aggregation and joint venture arrangements.
• Represents business clients before courts and adminstrative agencies.
• Wind turbine electric generating projects
• Insurance agency premium aggregation and brokerage agreements
• Municipal electric systems
• Contract litigation
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Peer Review Rated||Martindale-Hubbell||2008|
|Shareholder||Ferriter Scobbo & Rodophele, PC.||1988 - Present|
|Partner||Granger & O'Connor||1980 - 1988|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Massachusetts Bar Association||Member||1980 - Present|
|Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company v. City of Springfield, 49 Mass. App. Ct. 108 (2000)||Summary judgment for client affirmed on appeal|
|Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company v. Massachusetts Energy Facilities Sitting Council, 411 Mass. 183 (1991).||Adverse order of administrative agency successfully overturned.|
|MASSPOWER v. Massachusetts Wholesale Electric Company, Suffolk Superior Court, Civil Action No. 07-3243 BLS2 (2011)||Successful defense of a $52 million claim for breach of a power purchase agreement|
|See all legal cases|
|The Standard||The Massachusetts Wage Act: A Law with Teeth||2013|
|Massachusetts Lawyers Journal||Electricity: good or service?||2013|
|The Standard||In the Boardroom: Why Agency Owners Need a Buyout Agreement||2013|
|Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly||Mind the secrets of forum selection clauses||2012|
|Boston Bar Association Solo & Small Firm Section Newsletter||Small Firm, Big Success: Case Note on MASSPOWER v. MMWEC||2011|
|Suffolk University Law School||N/A||JD - Juris Doctor||1980|
|Worcester Polytechnic Institute||Chemical Engineering||BS - Bachelor of Science||1975|