Skip to main content
Kenneth Wendell Masters

Kenneth Masters’s Answers

1 total

  • When can I appeal a denial of my motion to compel discovery of electronic records?

    The denial occurred in Washington Superior Court - appeal would be to Division II - I would rather wait until after trial to appeal.

    Kenneth’s Answer

    Unless there are Findings that there is no just reason for delay and a direction for entry of a final order or judgment under CR 54 (b), you can wait to appeal until a judgment or other final order is entered. Discovery orders generally are interlocutory, non final orders. You may lose your opportunity to effectively challenge the order though, if the appellate court does not find a prejudicial abuse of discretion.

    See question