Bradley Alexander Evens’s Answers

Bradley Alexander Evens

Mercer Island Family Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. Is there a new law coming out in WA that allows for a increase in C/S if the NCP is failing to excercise their visitation?

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Bradley Alexander Evens
    1 lawyer answer

    Washington law specifically provides for a deviation "if the child spends a significant amount of time with the parent who is obligated to" pay child support. [RCW 26.19.075(1)(d)] Until recently, Washington courts found that this statute did not create an implied right to the reverse (i.e. there is no deviation if the child spends just a little time or no time with the parent who pays support). In 2008, the Court of Appeals in Seattle ruled that an "ex-husband's failure to spend any...

  2. What can i do if spouse that has been served divorce papers refuses any further cooperation?

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Ryan Hardy
    2. Jason Scott Treguboff
    3. Bradley Alexander Evens
    3 lawyer answers

    Every jurisdiction has different procedural rules, but there should be some general similarities. Have your lawyer personally serve your husband with the divorce Petition or Complaint and Summons. In all jurisdictions I know of, once you personally serve the Complaint, the opposing party only has so long to Answer before you can obtain a default judgment. If your husband does not file an Answer to the divorce Complaint/Petition, your lawyer can then file a default judgment against him. So,...