Betsy Spalding Kimball’s Answers

Betsy Spalding Kimball

Sacramento Ethics / Professional Responsibility Lawyer.

Contributor Level 6
  1. Do I have to file a substitution of attorney after my attorney failed to respond to the opposing counsel's MSJ that was granted?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Neil Pedersen
    2. Jayson Lutzky
    3. Herb Fox
    4. Betsy Spalding Kimball
    5. David Alexander Browde
    5 lawyer answers

    You appear to be in Sacramento. If you call my office, I will look at the court file (if available online) and let you know what has happened and what your options are.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. I hired an attorney for a loan modification. She misrepresented me and I have a sale date. Is this consider a fraud?

    Answered over 5 years ago.

    1. Betsy Spalding Kimball
    2. Moises Aguilar
    3. Jonathan H Levy
    3 lawyer answers

    The State Bar of California is taking a very dim view of lawyers who actually commit loan modification fraud. I have pasted in some text from the State Bar's webpage. Here it is: "STATE BAR TAKES ACTION AGAINST ATTORNEY LOAN MODIFICATION FRAUD MEDIA CONTACT: Diane Curtis 415-538-2028 San Francisco, July 15, 2009 – The State Bar of California and its Office of Chief Trial Counsel made clear today that it will aid in prosecution and will bring...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  3. My brother was just sentenced to 2 yrs state prison and two strike for 3 counts of robbery and we want to see if we can appeal.

    Answered over 5 years ago.

    1. Betsy Spalding Kimball
    2. Robert Lee Marshall
    2 lawyer answers

    Your brother has the right to have the State of California appoint an attorney to represent him on appeal (at no charge to him). The Superior Court and his trial lawyer will give him more information about how to get appellate counsel. The lawyers who accept appointed criminal appeals are very experienced in criminal appeals.

  4. How can I write a complaint letter to CA State Bar Association about my attorney?

    Answered over 5 years ago.

    1. Betsy Spalding Kimball
    1 lawyer answer

    I have copied below the link to the State Bar of California and in particular how to submit a complaint about a California lawyer. As to your question about whether the lawyer has committed a breach of the standard of care, the answer depends on many facts that you have not provided in your question. Here is the link to the "complaint" page of the State Bar of California: Complaints Against Attorneys 1-800-...