Based on 1 review
Help make it easier for other Avvo users to choose the right lawyer by sharing your experience with this attorney. It's fast, simple, and safe.
Lawyers: Use the Peer Endorsements section to provide input about other attorneys.
Posted by Tom, Flag
Mr. Joseph Zoucha represented me in a case. Mr. Zoucha is not one of the more competent attorneys I worked with, but it probably is not the worst attorney either.
However, what really sets Mr. Zoucha apart from his colleagues is the absence of concern about the quality of his work or the outcomes for his client.
Among other things, Mr. Zoucha:
• Failed to prepare for the court hearing, and was not aware of even the basic facts about the case that were provided to him both verbally and in writing
• Forgot to bring his paperwork to the court hearing
• Failed to mention a number of key points during the court hearing
• Attempted to file a poorly written and factually incorrect declaration, that also featured misnumbered bullet points and spelling mistakes
• Filed an unapproved and unsigned declaration with the court, in spite of an explicit written request by the client
• Claimed to have had a number of conversations with the opposing attorney, but refused to provide any evidence or even the details about when those interactions took place
• Charged for a client conference that never took place
• Claimed that he has a special relationship with the judge that would result in a favorable ruling
In addition to the above, Mr. Zoucha ignored a number of requests, provided somewhat dubious advice, and failed to consider the documentation including the summaries and analyses he requested.
Needless to say, the outcome was not favorable.