Gary B. Wells is an experienced family law and litigation attorney providing mediation services to couples considering divorce or separation or who have other family law related issues.
He began his professional career in 1986 as a certified public accountant where he developed a solid understanding of business, financial, and tax concerns. In 1991 he began practicing law in Fresno, California. After several years of practice in family law and other litigation, Gary recognized that the adversarial nature of the legal system was inappropriate for most couples. More often than not, legal battles resulted in anger and hurt, financial devastation, and random results with which nobody was happy. These dysfunctions were especially hard on couples going through a divorce—arguably the most painful and challenging time of anyone's life.
In response to the shortcomings of litigation, Gary turned to the practice of mediation to help couples contemplating divorce. Through mediation, most couples are better able to avoid costly legal battles, maintain a civil relationship—which is vital when children are involved—and get through the process more quickly. Mediation is a collaborative process that aims to achieve a "win-win" result for both parties."
Through the mediation process, Gary works with couples to:
• Explore and understand their options within the confines of California law while recognizing the greater flexibility they have by working together.
• Develop a mutually-agreed settlement that is legally-enforceable, works best for them because it considers their individual circumstances, and is less likely to require future litigation.
• Prepare and file the necessary legal documents so they have no need to enter the courthouse.
• Develop insight and cultivate skills to avoid future contention and legal procedures with the other party.
• Maintain greater privacy because the mediation process occurs in private and avoids public court hearings.
• Complete the legal process more efficiently and in much less time, thus shortening the emotional strains of prolonged litigation.
• Save significant amounts of money and preserve the couple's asssets by avoiding the costs of litigation.
Licensed since 1991
Cash, Check, Credit Card
|Attorney||Gary B. Wells, Attorney at Law||1997 - Present|
|Attorney||Baker, Manock & Jensen, A Professional Corporation||1991 - 1997|
|Association Name||Position Name||Duration|
|Academy of Professional Family Mediators||N/A||2011 - Present|
|International Association of Financial Planners||President||1997 - 2001|
|Fresno County Bar Association||N/A||1991 - Present|
|State Bar of California||N/A||1991 - Present|
|International Academy of Collaborative Professionals||N/A||N/A|
|Association for Conflict Resolution||N/A||N/A|
|Association for Conflict Resolution (Central California)||N/A||N/A|
|Financial Planning Association of Central California||N/A||N/A|
|Brigham Young Univ J Reuben Clark LS UT||N/A||law||N/A|
|Idaho St Univ||N/A||undergraduate||N/A|