Posted by Dean
I hired Ms. Presley because the mother of my child was seeking support beyond the age of majority based on the child being incapacitated due to diabetes. The claim was absurd. The child was working, going to college and living a very normal life. We knew all of this through facebook postings and letters from the child herself. After spending about $13,000 in legal fees I reached a settlement just so I could put an end to the legal fees. A copy of a letter I sent follows.
Now that my ordeal of having you as an attorney has ended, I want you to know that I am totally dissatisfied with the service you provided. I doubt that I have any legal recourse against you but I will consult an attorney about it. In any case, I will be using social media to let people know about my experience with your firm and I may picket your office.
* For the first month or so, I could not get a response to an e-mail or a phone call. I would receive material from the court or child support services and I would call to ask what to do with the material, I would leave a message or an e-mail asking for guidance and I would never get a reply. It was only when I threatened to take my case to another attorney that this was corrected.
* You had all the information you needed to win this case on day one. Despite that, you did requests for medical records that you can’t read and other assorted document requests. At one point, you even contemplated hiring a consultant to evaluate Sarah‘s incapacity. Utterly unnecessary but it did allow you to run up the bill.
* Despite having two full months to have me complete my income and expense statement and my declaration, you wait until the last day to get it done. As a result, I endured an incredible amount of stress (ending up in the hospital) and the resulting work product was not nearly as good as it could have been and should have been. There is no excuse for that.
* Your brief was very mediocre. It was completely pro-forma or boilerplate in nature. If it took you more than an hour to write it, I would be shocked. There was almost nothing in your brief distinguishing the facts in my case from the cases cited by the opposing attorney. In addition, not once did you cite any cases where the child was found to not be incapacitated. I don’t know, maybe there are none but it would be nice to know.
* As the case progressed, it became obvious that you had a difficult time advocating for me. Several times, you told me that I wouldn’t be in this situation if I had “kept my dick in my pants“. I really appreciated that. You should have resigned from the case and refunded me some of your fees so that I could hire another attorney.
* Somewhere early on, you should have suggested that I consider some kind of settlement of the case due to the costs involved in continuing the case. I may not have followed such a suggestion but at least you would have been on record that I consider the idea and you would have shown some concern for the costs involved in pursuing the case, However, we all know that settling the case doesn’t generate the fees that fighting it does.
* I now understand your peer review rating. If I were an opposing attorney, I’d be happy to work with you too. It seems that no matter how many times Ms. Loveless lied to you and your staff, you would accept as true her next statement. For example, when I was trying to negotiate a settlement and Ms. Loveless said her client couldn’t even afford to pay $25/mo., Ms. Bergquist could not understand why I wanted to counter by offering to cover them if they paid $50 or $75. They ended up agreeing to pay $50/mo.
* Your most unbelievable act was to introduce me to Ms. Loveless. For you to think that I would be interested in meeting this woman shows how totally clueless you are. Even my nephew was dumbfounded by it. This is a woman who has caused me a tremendous amount of stress and emotional pain and you think that I’m interested in meeting her
Posted by Michael
Ms. Presley and her staff are incredible. They took my divorce and child custody case and turned it from hopeless, to a win win situation for my children and myself. Ms. Presley guiding me through the process. At times I was inpatient, at times I was unreasonable, at times I lost hope, - it was at those times that I realized she was more than an attorney, and I was more than a client. She did not always tell me what I wanted to hear. But when she told me to be patient, trust me, baby steps, I listened. I went from a distraught father to a father at peace. She mentored me, through tough love and a motherly touch. She encouraged me to be kind to my ex wife. “It’s important Michael, your children will remember.” And she was right. Ms. Presley and her staff are in a class of their own. I highly recommend her. She has represented three friends of mine. All of whom are all happy with her representation.