David Hull Ricks’s Answers

David Hull Ricks

Rancho Cucamonga Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 4
  1. How do I retrieve money awarded to me when I was a minor from my mother. She is also a manipulative deceptive attorney.

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Michael Raymond Daymude
    2. Thomas Logan Watters
    3. David Hull Ricks
    4. Brad S Kane
    4 lawyer answers

    If that money was yours, then you have the right to receive it pursuant to the terms of any settlment or judgment. You need a lawyer to look at all your options. If your mother was appointed as a guardian ad litem for a lawsuit on your behalf, or she was a trustee of these funds for you, then she held a fiduciary duty to act in your best interest and not her own financial interest. Some things to examine include the nature of the funds provided, whether there were others involved in...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Staying at a hotel slipped in the shower/tub and injured my hip, head, shoulder and neck. Trip to ER. Is the hotel responsible?

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. David Hull Ricks
    2. Michael Douglas Goforth
    3. Norman Gregory Fernandez
    3 lawyer answers

    In order to establish liability on the part of the hotel, which could make then responsible to you for your injuries, you must establish that they were negligent in the way the shower was set up. For example, if the tub was excessively slippery or there was no hand rail that might be required by building standards. You would also be required to show that had the proper measures been taken, the accident would not have occurred. Some examples might include the placement of no-skid strips on...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful