Sam Yebri’s Answers

Sam Yebri

Los Angeles Litigation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Can I myself enforce a judgment?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Christine James
    2. James Carl Eschen III
    3. Richard Andrew Harting
    4. Sagar P. Parikh
    5. Sam Yebri
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    Yes, you can enforce a judgment yourself, but you would be advised to consult with a collection attorney. Generally, you will need to file an abstract of judgment and writ of execution with the Court. You will then be able to enforce the judgment through various methods, including a bank levy, a lien on real property, or wage garnishment. Noticing a judgment debtor examination may also be a helpful step for you to gain more information to enforce your judgment. Good luck.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Can I request an extension of my deposition? If so, will I be sanctioned?

    Answered 10 months ago.

    1. Keith Daniel Cable
    2. B. Casey Yim
    3. David William Neel
    4. Dana Leigh Ozols
    5. Brandy Ann Peeples
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    It is important that you not simply ignore the deposition notice or subpoena. Call the attorney and ask that the deposition be rescheduled. Make sure you follow up with an email or letter to document your request and your reasons. You will likely not be subject to a discovery motion or sanctions if you are acting in good faith. Most attorneys will be accommodating.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  3. If i pay my lawyer 150 per hour per our fee agreement do i owe him 20% of the settlement?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Josh P Tolin
    2. Jeffrey Robert Davis
    3. Sam Yebri
    3 lawyer answers

    Your signed written agreement with him will govern. Don't let him bully you into orally modifying the agreement.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. Am I an employee or independent contractor?

    Answered 10 months ago.

    1. Michael Robert Kirschbaum
    2. Brad S Kane
    3. Kristine S Karila
    4. Sean James Gavin
    5. Sam Yebri
    5 lawyer answers

    The California Labor Code applies to employees, not independent contractors. Courts consider several different factors to determine whether you are an employee or independent contractor. I suggest you call an employment attorney so he or she may analyze your facts.

  5. When you fire your attorney do they have to provide you with a copy of the case file?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen
    2. Christian Frederick Paul
    3. Mark Lewis Mosley
    4. Sam Yebri
    5. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer
    5 lawyer answers

    While each state has its own relevant rules, your prior counsel's refusal to provide you with your case file likely violates state ethics rules or rules of professional conduct. The case file belongs to you. While the attorney may try to hold the file hostage in an effort to collect any unpaid fees, this is a dangerous step. You should not let him/her get away with it.