Jeff B. Skoubye’s Answers

Jeff B. Skoubye

Salt Lake City Estate Planning Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. If I were to remarry would my new wife automatically inherit my estate ?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Jeff B. Skoubye
    2. James P. Frederick
    3. Todd N Hallock
    3 lawyer answers

    Obtaining a prenuptial agreement is the only safe way to protect yourself. If she is marying you for love and not money, a prenuptial agreement shouldn't be an impediment to your marriage. They are generally not expensive to obtain and provide dramatic protections in case of divorce or death. Jeff B. Skoubye "Your Business & Estate Planning Resource" Olsen Skoubye & Nielson, LLC Attorneys at Law 999 Murray Holladay Road, Suite 200 Salt Lake City, Utah 84117 (801)...

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. How do I add a stipulation to my will that allows two of my grown children to remain in the home?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Jeff B. Skoubye
    1 lawyer answer

    First, you could provide in your will that these children are provided a legal life estate. This option would give the two children the right to the home and its rents and profits during their lifetimes. The second option, is to create a trust inside your will (a testamentary trust) that provides for the children to stay in the home after your death. This option is more flexible and allows you to set specific conditions and regulations over their occupancy of the home. The Trust acts as a...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. A question about heir to the living trust.

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Jeff B. Skoubye
    2. Todd N Hallock
    3. Steven M Zelinger
    3 lawyer answers

    The answer to your question is most likely contained in the trust itself. Trustees are required to cary out the wishes of the grantor of the trust as expressed in the trust. If your mother has stated in the trust that you cannot receive the money until you purchase a house, then that may be controling. If you have a copy of the trust, you should have it thoroughly reviewed by a competent attorney in this area. If you do not have a copy, you are entitled to one, and should request one from...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful